The Unf*ck It Thread

I unducked the floor of our dining room and the giant pile from before xmas and it feels so open in there now. So I’m committing here to unfucking one surface that has been fucked for more than a week. There are many such surfaces in my house.

I keep getting distracted by laundry and dishes and sorting kids toys. Those things do not cause long term ease and are problems daily; I’m looking to sort a thing that I only have to do once every few months for the whole thing to work smoothly most of the time.

Top contenders are the desks in the study, my bedroom floor, and either of the shelving units in the dining room/ entryway area.

13 Likes

I finally tried the scratch fixer on the console table (it is maybe a tad better - I might try another layer tomorrow) , and used that energy to (with the shadowy one) take all the books off the bookcases and wipe down the shelves with a damp cloth.

And then the shadowy one tried to vacuum the top of the tall bookcase, which wasn’t successful, but since the vacuum was upstairs I did the couch.

ETA: and I took a damp cloth to clean between all the stair spindles. Nothing today is at all noticeable.

8 Likes

We are in theory selling our house soon. So I unfucked the fridge! I don’t have a before but it’s all clean now. Also I need to go grocery shopping (which is why it was a good time to unfuck)

13 Likes

But where is your half fridge of sauces and jams?

… asking for a friend…

6 Likes

They are mostly in the doors!

2 Likes

I cleaned the fridge door shelves, the pantry shelves, a couple of cupboard shelves and the kitchenaid mixer. Plus I’ve darned a sock I was wearing today because after getting back from the grocery I discovered it had a hole.

17 Likes

Well now I want to know how many jams you have, lol.

3 Likes

I currently have 3 jams open in my fridge. Blame goes to the toddler.

5 Likes

I’m suddenly feeling jam-poor.

7 Likes

I also have three jams open, but that’s all on me.

5 Likes

Like… 6? In the fridge. 2-3 more unopemed in the pantry?

• fig jam
  • blackcurrant jam
  • raspberry jam
  • 3 marmalades (1 commercial, 1 by Sister, open, 1 by Sister, unopened)

Actually there maybe up to 2 more unopened sister made jams in the fridge… :thinking:

5 Likes

We have at least 8 jams open. Most of them gifts. It’s kind of a problem lol.

7 Likes

Good reminder I am supposed to make jam. We are at jam zero

9 Likes

omg r u ok???

(I only have one, and it’s like, strawberry from aldi)

8 Likes

I only like good jam, and prices are high… so I have to make it. Frozen berries speed it up.

But we were eating through a gift pack of mini jams last night

7 Likes

This is a state of emergency.

6 Likes

Tomorrow allhat is gonna post where she somehow made like, 17 amazing varieties of jam and spent $0.13 while doing it. I look forward to this post eagerly.

(This also reminds me I have a giant bag of frozen aronia berries from the fall I never made into jam, whoops)

14 Likes

No before photo, but we have a freshly caulked tub!

16 Likes

I made strawberry, raspberry, apricot and pear last summer and there’s a jar of each in the fridge, plus a jar of ginger marmalade. There was a jar of bitter orange marmalade but dh finished it and now I’m a little bitter.

I wish I could find some Florida oranges to make marmalade- nobody has anything but navels.

6 Likes

i have a bunch of the teensy jams from the bonne maman advent calendar. come on over and get some!

4 Likes