The Ultimatum

I’m probably not going to watch it but I would like to enjoy it vicariously through you! (That’s you @AllHat!!) Please post hilarious commentary here.

3 Likes

I thought I wasn’t going to watch but now I’m most of the way through episode 1 and I’m hooked.

Random (non-spoiler thoughts)

• they’re all soo young, and all the women are ridiculously attractive.
  • it’s so weird that they’re dating in front of each other
2 Likes

Excited to watch! Some of my friends auditioned for a lesbian/wlw version and made it pretty far in the process… I’m so curious if that version was ever filmed or will ever come out? They are stable, normal people who just haven’t agreed to get married or not, so I don’t think they’d make for very good reality tv.

4 Likes

There was a very silly Netflix ad/song about all the reality dating shows they have coming. I don’t know how to link to YouTube on my phone but look up “love has no off-season”.

They said they’re releasing a queer edition of the ultimatum and that it’s mostly women!

4 Likes

My boyfriend in my early 20’s and I used to joke that we should audition for Amazing Race because:

• they would need an engineer couple
  • and a token Asian
  • we bickered all the time! In a friendly way, but we were always arguing. And we called each other various wordplays on “bunny”.

We would probably have made great TV except there’s no way I’d want to be so public. But it could have been fun :joy:

3 Likes

Wanting to wait to get married til he’s out of debt? Randal is the OMD candidate!

4 Likes

Haha, I got the bat signal! Unfortunately I prob won’t do live recaps because my husband and I love watching these shows together :laughing: and we started last night. I got him totally into Married At First Sight, which was his gateway drug, I mean reality show. But I’m all in for random snarky comments, haha.

First - this show is wild and everyone should watch it. If you are not watching it or planning on watching it, ask yourself: do I hate myself? Am I anti-fun? And take a long look in the mirror.

Shit goes off the rails fairly early on, can’t wait to hear what y’all think. I’ve only watched the first two episodes.

6 Likes

IMPORTANT QUESTION: should I watch this show while painting??? Then it wouldn’t be wasting time on it. Just background entertainment.

2 Likes

I almost always use tv as background so I say yes.

2 Likes

Btw not expecting live recaps but all the snark please!!

2 Likes

Whaaaaaaat?! I so want this to be released. Did you ever see the reality show version of the L word? If so I’m in an episode in the background, lmao, just like, smoking cigarettes and glaring at the camera.

6 Likes

What!! I’ve never watched it on principle, because my mean/very LA ex wasn’t in it but a lot of her friends were, so I’ve boycotted it for the association. This makes me want to watch and look for an Allhat in the background :eyes:

4 Likes

Hahahaha, totally fair. The one I was in was based in NYC but yeah, I was just pissed they infiltrated my local bar and disrupted my Very Important evening of getting wasted. :laughing: I’m also in an episode of Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives, as the waitress, lol.

5 Likes

How did I not know this existed?

3 Likes

Hold on there is an NY version?! Researching at once

3 Likes

Maybe it was never released? Totally possible. Or maybe it was like a knock off the West coast one but not actually associated with the L word?

3 Likes

Is it weird that I now picture @AllHat as a smiling blonde woman holding a plate of giant gummies…?? :laughing::laughing::laughing:

5 Likes

Hahahaha, it’s funny because that’s like the opposite of how I look. But I love it.

4 Likes

I know you’re dark haired. But since I don’t have a picture, this is the next best thing!!

2 Likes

And I imagine you as a tiny animated character :laughing: hiding behind my cheese!

ETA: Also it would be so cool if we could have a giant meetup one day, like camp omd. But I get a cabin.

4 Likes