Small Thing I Did to Save Money Today!

Walked to and from my hair appointment. Loving this springy weather!

3 Likes

Walked to a new park with Ewok and Mr HaH - free outing! Iā€™d contemplated going to a kid-friendly cafe instead, which would have been at least $15, plus we would have had to drive.

6 Likes

Youā€™ve inspired me to make a list of every park, reserve and piece of public grass within walking distance (not crossing a major road) for us to try next time I get bored and need an outing!

2 Likes

Waited for the (prepaid) bus rather than getting the train when I panicked about being late. I was, but only by five minutes. Then got an americano rather than a mocha from the heavily-subsidised campus Starbucks. Ridiculously small things, but Iā€™m trying to modify the habits Iā€™m not freezing out completely.

3 Likes

Walked to my doctorā€™s appointment instead of taking the train. I think that saved me $2.25 or maybe $0 because many times they just wave you onto the train. But itā€™s probably the thought that counts. Plus, sun!

I used to do this a lot ā€“ get a plain coffee or espresso when I was working in a cafe. Let me stay there a bit longer without feeling like a total dick. The best part was that when I did get a fancy drink, it felt SO FUCKING FANCY.

1 Like

Thatā€™ll be the sugar :wink:

1 Like

Haha, it felt fancy even if I was just getting a cappuccino! Or a matcha latte. But yes, sugar feels Even Fancier.

1 Like

I ate the ā€œemergency lunchā€ I had stashed away in the work freezer. Frozen veggies and ravioli.
*\o/ *

6 Likes

It must have been Emergency Lunch Day. Mine was rolled oats with peanut butter and one of those tiny boxes of raisins in it. I always keep all three in a desk drawer.

3 Likes

Resisted the urge to stop in at a cafe for a takeaway coffee on my morning walk.

1 Like

Ate leftover delicious instant ramen in our (very nice) hotel room instead of going out for breakfast.

2 Likes

Did not buy chocolate at work.

1 Like

Posted on Buy Nothing for a second sourdough jar. Even if I do eventually buying Weck jars off the internetā€¦ this is at the very least delaying, if not replacing, that purchase.

1 Like

Emergency Lunch Stash is a really good idea.

1 Like

Iā€™m going to choose uber pool instead of uber, and contents of my fridge instead of skip the dishes. Probably. Iā€™m still at work and hitting hour 13

I started the process of moving my checking account from Chase to Ally. Now that I donā€™t have a job, and thus direct deposit, Iā€™ve been paying $5 every freaking month for this account. NO FEES PLEASE.

Ally pays a tiny amount of checking interest, but thatā€™ll only work out to around $5 each year. If I can link it to a savings account, though, they have a higher interest rate than my Amex savings account.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve planned dinner around the ingredients in the fridge that need to be used up.

4 Likes

Took train into City instead of driving all the way in and parking.

I requested a refund from my terrible Airbnb host for their aggressive, unrestrained dog. They countered my initial request, so Iā€™m getting $50 back instead of $150. I donā€™t have the energy to get Airbnb involved.

1 Like