Share your WIP

I’m still here trying to restart my fading point. I’m still excited about it but damn I had so much progress and now it’s all gone…sigh

4 Likes

I started sewing a new dress and accidentally bought polyester thread and it’s shiny! And not very nice to work with yuck.

Does anyone know if will Joann’s take a return without a receipt?

2 Likes

It’s worth a shot. I spent so much time and money in Joann’s in college I’m sure I did some returns without a receipt

2 Likes

I’ve been calling “fingering yarn” “fingerling” yarn for my entire life.
Holy shit.
I’m so wrong :laughing:

4 Likes

!!! A fellow Combined knitter! :smile::smile::smile:

1 Like

ohmigosh let’s cry about not understanding pattern instructions FOREVER.

(I need to figure out how to do kbf for my next project, le sigh)

1 Like

Oh man, I know I’ve figured that out before! Try looking up how the knit stitch is done in Eastern style?

It’s possible, actually, that I just did a regular Western knit stitch (twisting the stitch) first, then a Combined knit stitch the way I usually do. Awkward, but I assume it is also awkward for Western knitters to kbf.

1 Like

That’s what I’ve seen suggested, but I like the look of it less… I might slip the stich and then try standard kbf.

1 Like

So I bought the green and gold skeins today to go with the lovely & weird orange/green ‘chili chocolate’ skeins that I bought in the fall when visiting Vancouver.

I was originally planning on

even though I am very pear shaped, and it would need to be quite cropped. (Marettimo has the same challenge)

Alternatively, I could do a Funky Grandpa cardigan with green sleeves

Or Drawing Straws with 3 colours.

Vellamo is also super interesting, and might be work appropriate.

opinions?

2 Likes

I like the Navelli! And your color palette is gorgeous.

2 Likes

I like the Funky Grandpa, but I do like cardigans. Which looks most fun to knit for you?

1 Like

I love cardigans, but a thing that gives me pause is how hard it was to find matching skeins for the 2 chili chocolate hanks. It reminds me of the grey & purple cardigan that only looked good with one tshirt.

I am concerned with the Navelli that I’m just following the trend and thinking I like it because I keep seeing it, and that I won’t actually wear it.

However, too weird to wear is going to be a problem regardless with this yarn combo. And it isn’t like I’m making another Enchanted Mesa…

3 Likes

I finally remembered to take a picture of this! Thank goodness for lifelines.

8 Likes

That is some serious lace. Scarf?

1 Like

Yup! It’s this one: http://knitty.com/ISSUEfall09/PATTkernel.php

1 Like

I, uh, may or may not have learned this lesson the hard way (for the 50th time) last night when I screwed up my lace and lost 15 rows :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

4 Likes

Need to attach sleeves to body next:

ETA: Also the yarn is not actually that bright; colors are really washed out on that photo.

8 Likes

This photo just confirms for me that I really need to take in-person knitting classes because I have no idea what I’m doing.

3 Likes

I messed up my daisy chain pattern so I’ll be starting over on my hat. I think I just misplaced my stitch marker. Fortunately I wasn’t very far in.

2 Likes

I’ve been finding YouTube videos very effective and helpful. And it turns out that knitting the sleeves on should actually be pretty simple.

3 Likes