Share your WIP

Some days (all days?) all I want is endless stockinette.

2 Likes

Yep, that’s my mood right now. Sometimes I like projects like colourwork where I am hyperfocus and can’t even watch TV at the same time… but that has not been my mood for months now.

2 Likes

My next socks will be my first stranded knitting. I’m excited about it now, but may regret this choice.

I definitely regretted the cable socks I knit over the winter.

Plain stockinette is not quite interesting enough for me, so I usually knit my socks in a SL1K3 pattern.

3 Likes

I also have stranded knitting socks as another WIP. The difficulty with colourwork socks is to make sure they are not too tight. I cast on more than my usual number of stitches and I catch the floats with ladderback jacquard

2 Likes

Lol I see what you did there

I have a pair of socks where one is patterned; the pattern changes half way through because the first pattern was too much. The second sock is stockinette.

Current progress:

Edit: the second sock got ripped partway back because the heel was in the wrong place

5 Likes

Finished! :grinning:

10 Likes

Extremely cute!

1 Like

Nailed it!

1 Like

Started:

It’s going ok so far, except I’m having trouble with holding the yarns. I’m a lefty continental knitter. While I’d love to knit combination to keep the yarns separate, my left hand cannot figure out how to hold yarn. I also haven’t been able to get my right middle finger interested in holding yarn.

So I’m trying two yarns on my right index finger:

But as I knit, the red yarn keeps moving down my finger to the white yarn, even crossing it. How do I keep them separate?

5 Likes

So, I hold my yarn just like you do but with my left hand. The red yarn goes over my middle finger (even though it doesn’t hold the yarn) and over my index finger. The white yarn goes over my index finger only.

1 Like

Ahh, so the middle finger keeps them separate. I will try that! Thanks!

2 Likes

I just realized I’ve been using stitch markers incorrectly for when I crochet around in a circle, and now I have to frog an entire mitten because I’ve been losing stitches for the last 15 rounds :joy: Oh well, better now than when I’d finished it and it didn’t fit!

8 Likes

Sweater for the 2 week old in my extended family. Love this yarn for a baby, it has a touch of cashmere.

11 Likes

Socks. I bought the lighter skein in Gent and cast on almost right away, but wasn’t loving the stripes by themselves and the yarn was very toothy. Got home and saw this mottled brown yarn I picked up on deep discount and decided to try them together. Decided I didn’t need the contrast heel to save that yarn, but I’ll probably do a bit of a cuff for balance.

Much happier with both look and feel.

10 Likes

Scrappy sockettes complete, which I am sure I will appreciate as the weather turns and I am lounging around the house.

My last sockettes were great and eventually stopped really being worth darning, so hopefully these are a good replacement.

9 Likes

These are so cute!!

ETA: I keep on looking at the little bits of white colorwork and they make me think of mountains at night - bits of snow on stone, and twinkling stars.

3 Likes

My « fraternal twin » socks are done!

13 Likes

Oh those are gorgeous.

1 Like

Not gorgeous, but complete! I was missing safety eyes and white yarn until last week. Also he’s slightly wall-eyed, but it’s fine, haha.

One project down, many to go.

10 Likes

A yup a yup

Very good indeed

2 Likes