Share your WIP

It’s beautiful! Love a repetitive pretty pattern - best of aesthetic and making worlds.

1 Like

There is a groups.io group that does exactly this, scan old patterns. You have to join groups.io… the group is: antique pattern library

I’m sure they’d like copies too!

Ok, hear me out. Some people like untangling (me).

6 Likes

detangling is deeply satisfying

at one point there was a ravelry group where you could send your yarn barf and they’d untangle it for you

2 Likes

Yes! Then there’s the mixed feelings: satisfaction of the beautiful tidy yarn, but also the slight disappointment of nothing left to untangle :laughing:

3 Likes

I am lucky enough to have a friend in my knitting group who loves to untangle!

4 Likes

The luckiest of us have a balance of tanglers and untanglers.

2 Likes

I love to untangle. This is good as I don’t seem to be able to pull yarn from the middle of a skein without pulling out a tangle.

3 Likes

AKA yarn barf

3 Likes

My mom’s friend has her own stained glass studio so we went there today to make garden decor. These will be heading into the kiln tonight. This one is my moms.

This one in mine.

12 Likes

Can’t decide whether to continue with seaming and edges

4 Likes

It looks nice. What is the problem?

arm holes very low, so when I pick up the stitches it is likely going to make it very cropped.

also, the width is not enough for hip spring, so if I just rip back and make it longer, it will fall poorly.

Can you rib back, make it a little bit longer but male a split hem?

it’s a bottom up top. I could pick up stitches and knit down, but then everything will be a half stitch shifted over, which I think I would notice with the ribbing

1 Like

Dilemma, for sure. I ususally go for “rip back and start over” but am a bit of a knitting masochist.

Working on a scarf while tops are in time out

Tbd if it gets completed

12 Likes

frogged

bad associations with being at my sister’s house

9 Likes

Beautiful colors, tho. Especially the blue/purple/indigo will be easy to pair up with something else.

2 Likes

I haven’t done a triangle shawl in eons. I am doing a bad job following the pattern and have needed to rip back multiple rows 3 times

11 Likes