Share your WIP

Finished! The pattern was a struggle at first, but in the end I was victorious.

Shown with leftover bits of two yarns, to be incorporated into the next pair.

Yarns for the next pair, same pattern.

7 Likes

Thanks for the tips! I will attempt when I choose only 2-3 colors per sock. Right now, using up the scrappiest of scraps as a priority.

Does the main color go down the back of the ankle to the heel, with the stripes sort of sitting on the instep? That is very cool!

1 Like

Yes, exactly. The pattern is Squircle, free on Ravelry

Squircle

1 Like

Hey, me too!

6 Likes

It is so wild to me that the stitch repeat ends up with that result.

1 Like

are you doing a ribbed heel flap?

1 Like

I agree!

Sl1 K1

Changed my mind - half linen even though it impacts the stretch

8 Likes

Pool party socks complete.

Not my favorites, but done

10 Likes

I love them!

1 Like

I hope their recipient concurs. I’m happy they are ready before I see her Fri.

Started on my next pair. These are evidence that sometimes a challenging colourway just needs the right combo. The orangy pink yarn is doing really interesting things here imo. And the grey works despite the brown in the multi-colour.

7 Likes

I love this colour combo! First few rows a bit halloweeny :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The pale pink made me think more ballet class, perhaps going into don q soon with the upcoming purple and reds.

We shall see.

2 Likes

@plainjane You are already so far along on the next sock!!

Progress:

Used the last bits of yarn from the prior sock to start this one. Scraps successfully consumed!

5 Likes

when I feel confident in the colourway combo, it goes much faster. I’m starting the gusset increases now.

1 Like

Finished. They are not the most aesthetic, but will still be cozy in winter.

Next up: variegated with bits of various black scraps.

7 Likes

I suck at taking pictures of my WIPS and FOs, but I’m currently knitting a pair of socks and a summer tshirt. I’ll try to remember to take pictures and post them here!

1 Like

I crocheted a blanket for my neighbour, who’s been an amazing help to us and is having medical issues. I was really pleased with and and so was she. It’s a one row repeat - the pin curl granny by Christa at the Secret Yarnery AND the border that goes with it (with a modification I made to a part I found too lacy). I really enjoyed making this.

12 Likes

Oh that is a gorgeous pattern!

2 Likes