Share your WIP

I think you finally broke the curse!

1 Like

And completed with ends mostly woven in and everything. It probably isn’t my best colour and perhaps one day i will experiment with overdye. But in the meantime I am taking it off the silent to do list.

13 Likes

I think it looks great!!!

1 Like

at starbucks for knit night this evening we were engaged in conversation with a former knitter who wanted to know what we were each working on, talked about the cost of wool, exclaimed over my small dpns (toe up socks), and praised one of the other women for her sweater, but didn’t mention what I was wearing.

One of the other knitters who came late and was told about this said that the woman probably thought it was store bought.

3 Likes

It does look neat enough to be commercial machine knitting, and there’s no cavalcade of cables/lace to peg it as a handknit :rofl:

ETA though to me the yarn makes me think hand knit - you don’t usually get the tweedy/multi colors in commercial knits.

4 Likes

Planning on gifting these to a friend with slightly smaller feet. I like this combo of yarns, but I am unsure if anyone else sees what I am.

9 Likes

I like it too!

1 Like

It’s very end of summer/autumn, I like it.

1 Like

I just realized it is very much my current kitchen - peachy terra cotta tile floors, almond cabinets and green walls.

2 Likes

Perhaps unwarranted optimism causing me to continue on with the pressed flowers vest.

5 Likes

Progress. I think the broader field of flowers is working maybe

4 Likes

I think its cute!

1 Like

One more repeat before splitting for the arm holes

2 Likes

Front complete.

7 Likes

Almost done! The loops on the pink flower will be a darker pink. What color should I make the words?

7 Likes

Dark Blue? Or maybe an indigo blue?

1 Like

the problem with the back is that there isn’t a v, so I need to do the entire width for each row, and it isn’t tapering to make it faster as I progress.

84 rows to go

2 Likes

I finally started work on the socks again. Now I teach myself how to do a gusset

2 Likes

are they anything more than standard increases in your pattern?

1 Like

The picking up the stitches part is where I’ll need to noodle around. It’s not a technique I’ve done a lot.

1 Like