Share your WIP

Getting inches of the body done because if I leave the couch i lose control of audio in the living room and right wing radio comes on

2 Likes

I need to block the vest so in the meantime, socks

And I has a helper

7 Likes

I think you need a helper like that all the time.

1 Like

Stockinette?

Or reverse stockinette?

6 Likes

Stockinette

4 Likes

it is too long. trying to decide whether to try to add the neck and arm ribbing with the needle I have now and see if that pulls everything up, wait until I’m home and I can do it with the smaller needle like the pattern suggests, or rip back the length in the meantime. The third is probably the riskiest because it probably will get shorter once I do the neck and arms. The first is most likely to need to be redone. The second is the longest wait to have something completed and risks losing motivation to finish.

The neck trim works, tbd if i want to shorten the shoulder caps or keep them like this. I will not hide the ends by much so i can easily change my mind later.

3 Likes

Finished the socks I was using bamboo dpns for so I could fly with them. Alas, size 8 instead of 9 because I couldn’t try them on as I went (since planes airports etc), so I will need to find a different home for them.

Anyone want a pair of wool/nylon socks? They should be able to be machine washed, though not into dryer. They aren’t merino, so should be pretty durable, the fabric doesn’t feel toothy, but also less squishy than merino would be.

5 Likes

Working on my first striped socks, a la plainjane. Not willing to try multicolor on both yarns just yet, so this off-white will do for contrast for now. I like it!

Though I wish my blue/green yarn was actually this bright. It is much muddier irl. I had difficulty finding a contrast yarn because all my others are much brighter. I initially tried the blue at the top left of the photo but it did not work at all.

6 Likes

Started a new pair of socks

These are special because I have done an eye of partridge stitch to reinforce the ball of the foot and hopefully avoid darning for a bit longer.

Also, liking the striping mashup.

8 Likes

I am intrigued by this stitch pattern on the ball. I will have to look it up. Maybe even for these socks as I’m almost at that point (working top down).

1 Like

Eye of partridge in the round is

row 1: (k1, slip 1) to end
row 2: k all
row 3 (slip 1, k1) to end
row 4: k all

1 Like

I decided to do the sleeves before the body, that way im not playing yarn chicken at the end and having 3/4 sleeves

5 Likes

Potential cropped sweater instead?

I have so many crocheted sweaters with elbow-length sleeves.

2 Likes

I estimate 600y of light fingering weight yarn once I finish the second sleeve, so it won’t need to be exceptionally cropped, it’s mostly around avoiding the stress and then the annoyance of having way too much or too little left over.

Though perky quirky 20something youtubers the algorithm likes for me seem quite convinced that super cropped mostly crochet sleeves are going to be in this spring.

1 Like

I pretty much do the sleeves first on all my sweaters. That way I don’t have the heavy body hanging around while I’m working around the sleeves. Also, as you said, any yarn shortage is shown in the body length. My usual method is to work to the end of the first skein, which normally happens a couple of inches below the arm split. With this Noro yarn, though, 2 skein s only got me maybe 4 inches from the split, so I was worried about running out. No issues, though, as 2 skeins did both sleeves and most of the body. Maybe one skein was just shorter? I’m about an inch from starting the bottom ribbing. I’ll try to post a pic when it is finished.

3 Likes

First attempt at a multicolored pattern that’s more complex. So far so good, will be socks with a fair isle pattern!

6 Likes

Finished the design section, now just gotta finish the rest of the sock! This pattern uses a different method of turning the heel than I’ve done before.

9 Likes

That is awesome!

Cardigan complete, so it can stop snowing now.

I am considering putting in a tiny loop in the front corner and an inner button so it can turn into a crossover, but i can make that decision later.

4 Likes