Share your WIP

Second one is looking like a sock. Almost done!

7 Likes

trying to match the stripe pattern while not cutting the yarn any more than has already been done through its many incarnations. The body is about 8" from the sleeve separation, the sleeves are 7". I think I’m going to need to start prioritizing length for the sleeves rather than the body.

7 Likes

Making good progress on my shawl! It’s slow going but it’s coming along.

9 Likes

Ahhh those are gorgeous colors!

1 Like

Ooooooooh!

1 Like

For my second pair of socks, I’m attempting a simple lace pattern. Many mistakes, but it’s getting better.

I’m also trying to merge two patterns. The lace is from the pattern I used for my first socks. But that was for worsted and this is DK weight. I found a different pattern with similar construction techniques for DK and just used the lace repeat from the first pattern. But now I’m at the heel and the new pattern is different enough (it uses less than half the stitches in the heel flap where the first pattern uses exactly half) that I’m not sure what to do. I suppose I should just put in a lifeline and try the new pattern. Then I can rip it back if I don’t like the construction.

9 Likes

Ok, I am thinking maybe move the final orange stripe to between the pink and purple. It is ripping back about 30 rows (just the body, I will leave the grey stripe there for the sleeve)

4 Likes

ok, ripped back to the end of the pink, and did the orange and a couple of the purple, and I think that is the right call, but the two dark rows with the thin pink is not great either, so I’m going to undo the rows I just knit, and go back to the beginning of the pink and sort that out.

this poor yarn.

4 Likes

Still not sure about the grey in the bottom of the body. And should the arm end on dark grey, or be the thinner stripe and then go to the light mottled grey.

Maybe make the final dark grey stripe on the body thinner and hope I can block out for more length.

5 Likes

The stripes on the sweater were getting to me.

So socks with commercial self striping yarn because then nothing is my responsibility.

7 Likes

Scrappy striped sock going well. I’m glad I decided that the purple wasn’t singing and ripped back to the toe. The brown definitely works better with these two.

6 Likes

I truly appreciate your willingness to rip back and do something differently when things aren’t to you liking. I don’t knit colorwork so when things go wrong I just abandon ship, but I love how much of your knitting ends up being iterative. Also lovely, I love how lovely everything you make is.

3 Likes

thank you. I always worry that showing this degree of process is tiresome for folks, and they think I should not care so much, or be a better planner or something.

3 Likes

I’m working on striped socks over here, too. I am less likely to rip back when I don’t like something because I am a new knitter and not very good at unknitting. Ripping back in crochet is so much easier!

5 Likes

Pandemic socks 16 - the relockening?

Next I think I will do the big purple sweater

7 Likes

1245 am Christmas morning: I have finally finished my knitted gifts. A family of socks. My BIL has really big feet.

This is not the latest I’ve finished the gifts. One year I was still crocheting a hat for my cousin on the way to his house for Christmas dinner.

8 Likes

Upcoming projects. A couple of antique hand hooked rug repairs. Plus some blocks for an appliqué quilt pattern from South Korea.

I also have a pair of socks I want to knit, and a cushion cover to needlepoint.

8 Likes

The back of the next sweater (it is a blue purple, the colour isn’t really coming through)

6 Likes

I think it is pretty obvious why the one with two colour stripes is going to be ripped back and redone as a 3 colour version.

Also socks for M9/W11 sized feet are much slower than for M7/W9.

6 Likes

That three-color is stunning!

For Christmas, I made socks for my BIL. He wears mens’ 13! I’d bought some fingering weight sock yarn to use for him, but it was going to be far too many stitches to get done in time. So I used DK weight.

3 Likes