Share your WIP

Too short for my comfort to wear with jeans. Though crop tops are in this season.

Do I rip it all the way back and make it with a single color instead of the fade? Do I just make the arms longer and get the extra two inches, keeping the fade? Do I embrace confidence and perhaps some higher waisted pants?

4 Likes

remember my golden cable sweater? the one that was 4" too long and hit my neck in a way that made me feel vaguely throttled but I wasn’t going to rip back because the thought of redoing the sleeves was overwhelming?

well I am currently ripping back to fix it because that problem has a clearer solution than the grubby purple grey sweater above.

4 Likes

Very impressed with your determination!

2 Likes

folly?

I see I made a comment when I finished this that I wasn’t going to fix it because I couldn’t face redoing those arms. Now that I’m ripping them back, I realizing just how much work I’ve set myself up for…

Also, worsted sweater in my lap in June?

3 Likes

Two hours ago this was a complete sweater

eta, maybe I should have marked the amount I wanted to shorten this by before I ripped out the entire yoke?

6 Likes

Scrappy socks

7 Likes

And done. Still need to block, but the length feels a lot better. I added several more short rows on the neck, and it is much less a problem while holding the boat neck.

12 Likes

Stunning!

2 Likes

That sweater is gorgeous and it looks like it fits you perfectly.

3 Likes

Thank you. I think it’s so worth the 2 weeks of rework to have something I like instead of something that was only getting worn around the house during the coldest days of winter.

It is motivating me to look at the three other sweaters I’m not fully happy with.

2 Likes

I know you’ve got to have said it upthread, but what yarn is this? That color is just. top notch.

1 Like

it’s a Canadian brand - Feisty Fibers in their ‘Gluten Free’ colourway

https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/Feistyfibresyarn but they don’t have anything in stock atm.

1 Like

Cast on Navelli with the yarn I rescued from frogging the baltian sweater

10 Likes

So pretty. Mmm colorwork.

1 Like

More progress

6 Likes

I’m working on a shawl that I started a million years ago and recently frogged because I messed up the stitch count terribly and couldn’t figure out how to fix it. Cat for scale.

7 Likes

Requesting info from people who know:

Are those pants a certain cut?

2 Likes

Wrong thread. Try OOTD or the Sewing Thread

2 Likes

I knitted a sock! (Now how do I make it multiply?)

8 Likes

We are not going to discuss how many time I have tried to make this yarn into a sweater I will wear.

Xth time is a charm?

9 Likes