Share your WIP

I think wool from sheep on Fair Isle (or more likely the Shetland Islands as a whole) would qualify as Fair Isle yarn?

Though I guess that might be obvious form context so it might just be a mistake

2 Likes

I have a lot of grubby purple yarn. This is the dk weight set.

Not sure if I will wear a cropped short sleeve colour work yoke sweater, but I won’t know until I finish and block it. Currently undecided if I will do the bottom ribbing in purples or the grey. And then I will use up the last of the yarn for what sleeves I can do.

I didn’t bother to check gauge and the first time the arms were too high up, so I did a partial rip back and put in another section to make it longer. Also I should remember to go up another needle size for stranded colour work the next time I do it. Or actually check gauge like an adult.

5 Likes

Ha! But where’s the fun in that?

Seriously though, it looks great. I have been eyeing that style for a while but couldn’t figure out if I would wear it or not.

2 Likes

they are very fun to make. I suppose if it turns out I don’t wear the sweaters I could make cowls or hats?

Hats are too fast to complete (I prefer projects that take longer so that I’m not producing too much), but they’re also easier to give away.

3 Likes

I feel you on the hats being too quick! If you do a colorwork infinity cowl in-the-round (and graft the ends together, so that the floats end up entirely enclosed), that might be a fun, slightly longer project than a hat?

That particular pattern also looks like a really fun scrapbuster.

2 Likes

Very uncertain about continuing. I could try blocking and see how it goes. Or I could rip out now and make a stripey.

6 Likes

Blocking before any rash decisions

2 Likes

The inside of this will have so many ends to weave in because I have changed my mind so many times with this yarn

5 Likes

Time to block again

8 Likes

That is a stunning sweater, plainjane.

1 Like

Thank you

Next sweater is probably a KAL with a former colleague of

Yep, more distressed purple grey. I went through a phase.

1 Like

Socks during a very bad training

5 Likes

Socks complete

9 Likes

Pretty! I love the sunset colors!

1 Like

Row 40 of 42 for the colourwork yoke.

I tried with the purple and got to row 25 or so, but it really wasn’t working for me.

6 Likes

Turns out I wasn’t kidding about having a lot of grubby distressed purple-grey

The sleeve is the sweater I am wearing, juxtaposed with my wip.

The yarns are from different dyers, bought months apart.

8 Likes

Scrappy sock while I think about where to add more length to the sweater given the unusual construction.

5 Likes

Starting on a crocheted rainbow tarn basket as a gift for a friend. But first I have to make the tarn (t-shirt yarn).

I’d like to use a blue that is less navy, but I don’t have a shirt the right color in my to-be-yarn pile.

4 Likes

Decided to go with a grey toe for sock 2. Interesting how it changes perception of the stripes.

4 Likes