Share your pets!

My kitty basking in the sun :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Kitty picture…on the other hand the more interesting thing is what’s holding kitty’s attention:

My best guess is an adult and a juvenile long-eared owl, they spent most of an afternoon chirping/hooting back and forth which is what got the cat’s attention in the first place, but if someone who knows birds better than I do (so basically anyone) has a better guess I’d be happy to hear it. Obviously not pets, but if they happen to want to hang around the house and deal with some of the local rodent population, I’d appreciate it.

16 Likes

What we’ve got here is a naughty girl.

16 Likes

Here’s my little drama queen!

20 Likes

OMG that cat looks like a perfect muppet.

2 Likes

Not knowing where you live, I would say they might be great horned owls instead of long-eared. Great horned are more widely distributed in the lower 48, but also, if that is indeed a fledgling, great horned fledglings have the tawny facial disk, but fledgling long-eared have a much more grey facial disk (and are more overall uniformly grey). Photos can be deceiving though. Finally, long-eared owls (adults) also have a very “long” silhouette, moreso than the great horned, although since they are sitting sort of sideways it can also be deceiving.And great horned owls are much larger than long-eared (though long-eared are on the larger side). None of our other large owls have such distinctive ear tufts, and the smaller ones are much smaller. Long eared and great horned owls have different vocalizations as well, if you are interested you could check out the Cornell Lab of Ornithology website (click the “Sounds” link to get to the full list of vocalizations):

:slight_smile:

PS Your cat is cute.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

May or may not have just liked basically every photo in this thread because :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

There is a dog shaped hole in my life since my girl passed away last year but thinking about her makes me more happy than sad because she was the best dog ever. So here she is on a particularly good brand new bully stick day

19 Likes

Brand new treats are the BEST! :slight_smile: She was beautiful. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Here is Luigi basking in the sunshine this past weekend.

18 Likes

Is Luigi a terrier?

He’s rat terrier mixed with chihuahua as best as we can tell.

2 Likes

His face is adorably similar to my beagle/(what we assume is) rat terrier mix.

1 Like

Here’s a better shot of his little face.

16 Likes

Omg he is PERFECT.
I am also unable to read the past several posts without reading it as “linguine terrier”… :woman_facepalming:t2:

5 Likes

Very cool, thank you! I was thinking they we too small to be the Great Horned Owls, but it looks like maybe not (and now I know what to listen for if I hear them chatting at each other again).

1 Like

Navigator.

16 Likes

Our younger, little boy cat, Panda. I’ll take a pic of our snuggly older lady tomorrow.

12 Likes

He would happily eat any linguine you offer him, so maybe linguine terrier isn’t too far off. :slight_smile: He is my baby and I adore him more than anything in this world. Expect more photos because I love showing him off.

5 Likes

Adorable (but also insane) Weimaraner puppy I just watched this week.

16 Likes

Ha Ha Ha. I have to be honest, I have yet to meet a non-silly Weimaraner. V cute, V bananas. :slight_smile: <3

1 Like