Recipes and food ideas

Oh! We do this and it’s so good.

2 Likes

We eat beans pretty much weekly at this point (thanks to the RG club). Some recent ways have been these buffalo beans:

(Sorry I don’t have a gift link, it’s DH’s sub)

And swapping them in for some of the chicken, since we didn’t have enough in the freezer, in these flautas (I forget if you’re veg):

This is the most luxurious bean recipe we’ve made recently:

And this is next on my list to try:

(idk if hominy counts as a pulse? tbh not sure which beans are pulses and which aren’t :sweat_smile: )

Ohhh the buffalo white beans especially are up my alley… (I grew up in WNY). And both of us are omnivores who’ve done vegetarian stints, so replacing meat with beans is a thumbs up.

The hominy I’m familiar with, at least, is actually a traditional processing of corn (so a grain and not a bean or pulse). But also I LOVE hominy. Yum.

1 Like

We did the buff beans with some broccoli on the side, do not skip the bleu cheese!! Could also see it working as a bowl situation?

1 Like

Who doesn’t love a bowl situation?

1 Like

Haha sometimes you just gotta put a bowl …on it

2 Likes

solidly 70% of my meals are bowls of some kind

today’s lunch - rice, egg, green beans, red onion, avocado, chili crisp, lemon, soy

4 Likes

Team bowl meal.

3 Likes

Hellooooo here is a good chickpea meal we made this week. Double the chickpeas tho.

5 Likes

Oh that looks delish.

1 Like

T’was very comforting! I want to make it again already.

1 Like

I brought this pumpkin spice Bundt cake to a gathering last night and I got so many compliments. So many! So I figured I should share. It took about an hour in my oven. I did make my own cream cheese frosting instead of using canned but the cake is the star so it probably didn’t matter.

9 Likes

This autumnal sandwich has been all I want to eat this week. I just use plain store bought vegan mayo though.

https://www.connoisseurusveg.com/sweet-potato-club-with-cilantro-lime-cashew-mayo/

2 Likes

I have a friendsgiving to go to Sunday. As this is literally the day after our moving day, I offered to bring salad, since cooking will not be happening. I need a quick throw-together, assembly only thing, ideally without a lot of chopping.

My go to is: spinach, arugula, goat or blue cheese, cherry tomatoes, nuts, and balsamic vinaigrette. Sometimes I add dried cherries if I have them.

I just found out a guest has a dairy allergy. So I’ll put some aside for her that doesn’t have the cheese BUT I feel like it then needs something else to add some tang and make it more interesting.

Ideas of other things to add? She also cannot have gluten. I established that no one attending has a nut allergy.

5 Likes

If you have time, Violife makes a dairy free feta that is actually a super good goat cheese stand in…when it’s mixed in the salad you can hardly tell the difference

3 Likes

pickled red onions? candy the nuts?

Imo great ideas, especially the pickled red onion.

If you have fancy flake salt, just putting a little of that on the salad could add some good oomph to replace the cheese.

3 Likes

Olives!

5 Likes

I also vote olives because they require a suitable day-after-moving amount of prep (ie: none).

4 Likes

Can I actually make okonomiyaki with anything t hat’s left over in my fridge (6 wrinkly peppers, a cauliflower and a bunch of carrots) or are there some guidelines about what is yummy and what is a bad idea?

5 Likes