Real estate ogling

I don’t know who wants to pay this much money to live in Iowa. Also, be prepared to pay a lot for window cleaning. I think I actually don’t like this house very much. But the windows are kind of cool.

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/3696-Whitetail-Ln-NE_Iowa-City_IA_52240_M81302-34800?ex=2943360696

5 Likes

Real estate oogling with a hearty side of grumbling.

In Wisconsin, $725k gets a 6 bedroom, first-time on the market Frank Lloyd Wright house set on 3.2 acres overlooking a ravine.

In Salt Lake City, $730k gets you a mediocre, 4 bedroom bungalow on a 1/4 acre. Grumble grumble

6 Likes

Wait, you can buy a Frank Lloyd Wright house for $750k? That’s ridiculous.

5 Likes

Over here $720k buys you an asbestos riddled 3 bedroom 1 bathroom house on 600m2 that’s key feature is “Not Flooded” which seems like a miracle because that whole area was underwater this year.

https://www.realestate.com.au/sold/property-house-qld-oxley-139789995

I think our dollar has tanked so in USD it’s probably not as bad now.

4 Likes

This house is very near me. The decor is so weird, check it out! 4418 Saint Ann St, New Orleans, LA 70119 | MLS #2365525 | Zillow

2 Likes

I think our house was valued somewhere near $720k when we refinanced.

2 Likes

I don’t think we got a valuation when we last refinanced.

This house around the corner from us just sold for $985 000. It is renovated unlike our house, but also has heritage restrictions on it being an 1880’s building and it has coal trains in the backyard.

https://m.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-oxley-139949739

Prices are coming back down apparently which is probably good for most people but rough for first home buyers who purchased recently.

3 Likes

I weirdly love this house. The outdoor garden/seating area is incredible! I love the warm wood everywhere, but it’s def not for everyone

4 Likes

I haaaaaaate wood paneling. But it does look a little nicer than what we had in our house growing up in the 70s, I will admit. And an outdoor kitchen!

Honestly, for this neighborhood that price is also SUPER cheap. It’s really near City Park.

1 Like

My house has pine paneling in most of the rooms. It’s kind of like living on a ship! It’s original to the house (70+ years), not the fake wood paneling that started getting thrown up in the 70s - real wood paneling looks much better. I also love that outdoor garden atrium whatever seating area!

3 Likes

I’m sure this is a joke post:

2 Likes

The Goonies house is for sale for $1.65M. I like how the current owner has it decorated.

3 Likes

With my Oregon privilege, I’ve gone to visit it a few times. But I’ve never been able to see inside! Astoria is the cutest town. I don’t know what anyone doees for work there, but it’s lovely. Lots of Victorian houses, big hills, big water, fog.

Most of this house is fine, but look at the cabinet tower/pillar in the kitchen. I’m so confused, were they so desperate to knock a wall out they had to leave a support beam and they decided to add cabinets to it?

5 Likes

That island is way too small for those barstools.

2 Likes

Did you see the corbels on the island that would destroy your knees?

1 Like

Doesn’t seem like there could have been a wall in that spot? Super weird! It’s a really nice house other than the kitchen.

2 Likes

Yeah I feel like it used to be a wall but they wanted to “let in more light”. They should have just left it as a white column or something though, not dark cabinets.

1 Like

Wouldn’t a wall have been right in the doorway though? But also why would anyone do that if it wasn’t necessary?

2 Likes

That kitchen is heinous, 100% because of the pillar.

1 Like