Real estate ogling

That’s ridiculous! You could get 9 Maine islands for that!

6 Likes

I mean, does the island have salt water to swim in? Because that house has a saline pool, which is obviously important.

I’ll add that I’m ABSOLUTELY being sarcastic, haha.

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure the ocean has salt in it. :rofl: I’ve never been to Maine but I bet the seawater is cold as fuck, though! So, points to the 20 million dollar house in Boulder, I guess.

4 Likes

I wish id known this thread existed. A week ago, more? I ran across an ad for 120 acre smallholding in England. Cant find it now, no surprise.

Sigh.

5 Likes

Oh, Boulder :roll_eyes: A house for that price that isn’t walking distance to a ski resort? What are they thinking…haha those are Aspen prices!

5 Likes

Wow that house is actually stunning and would be worth every penny if I was fabulously wealthy beyond imagination. Surprised the acreage isn’t a bit larger though.

3 Likes

Right??? Usually I am put off by garish decorations, at least, but no luck here :sob:

1 Like

“needs refurbishment” “short on mod cons”

4 Likes

My favourite is “a bit bracing” :joy: I genuinely read it and was tempted though. Imagine turning that into some sort of adventure castle. I would go there for paintballing.

3 Likes

I’m with you. Those first two photos look like a video game or movie set. I just don’t have the cash or the vision to pull something cool off :slight_smile:

1 Like

I mean if I pulled out all my retirement savings and didn’t try to have anywhere else to live…:thinking:

2 Likes

Blockquote
“If somebody can come up with something interesting to do with it, that would be fantastic,” he added.

I mean, it sounds like you’re the preferred buyer with the paintball in mind!

3 Likes

I know, usually the really pricy houses have a ton of taxidermied animal heads, or really heavy looking wooden cabinets/molding, or a really red bedroom or something. This one is very low-key and pretty.

3 Likes

Now y’all have me looking at local real estate. Most of it is priced well out of our range, but I can dream about renovating ours… We bought before prices soared at the beginning of the pandemic. Our house is worth about $100,000 more than we paid for it.

But…looking at what’s in our market now, you’re best to come in with $750,000 - $1 mill to buy. You can find cheaper stuff, but it’s pretty bad housing. Or it’s a condo with a huge maintenance fee.

6 Likes
3 Likes

I take “Pride” in linking this.

7 Likes

This is flipping beautiful, especially those gardens. Maaaaaaybe a little much though :slight_smile:

I find I’m a bit Prejudiced against it.

5 Likes

I think it would be Sensible if some of us went in together and split the cost.

4 Likes
5 Likes