Random Questions, Parenting Edition

Now they’re a bit older I can bribe with colourful polish. Tiny kids i got nuthin’ for. Cut Duckling at least once :melting_face: and then chewed them off which worked sometimes.

5 Likes

We’re so hosed with Luna. Screens usually semi comatose Latte (a whole host of issues with that haha, but useful in this scenario) but Luna is much more take it or leave it. I can usually get 1-2 nails done at a time when she’s watching Latte watch TV while husband does her hair :joy: but it takes a week to do all her nails so it’s like the story about painting the Golden Gate Bridge.

5 Likes

Yes!!! Half are always sharp for this reason lmao

2 Likes

Have you tried switching parents? Mine fight me like raccoons on this but allow G. This requires 2 parents or another caregiver of some time.

Once I went to a friend’s house and was given a child’s hair to deal with

5 Likes

People who have feed a 1ish year old lately, what veggies that didn’t require cooking did you give them? I feel like something has to exist besides cucumbers.

My baby choked on something early on, so I’m strict about choking rules, so no carrots.

3 Likes

Hmm.

Avo (veggie in the loosest sense, I know)
Water chestnuts?
Bell peppers in tiny strips (much less slippery than cucumbers)
Pickles for flavor

And that’s all I’ve got :slight_smile: I eat a LOT more fruits than veggies, apparently.

2 Likes

How do you feel about peas and corn?
Hard veggies grated (can do at dinner table while bebe eats/watches)
Spinach snipped with scissors
Zucchini (sticks or grated per your comfort)

4 Likes

Other than spinach I don’t think I knew that you could eat those raw?! Every day I learn!

My kid had a yearlong love affair with nori (crunchy! salty!) wrapped around smoked salmon. He also liked radishes sliced paper-thin, also for the crunch.

2 Likes

I’m not 100% sure it counts as vegetables but like @ElleP mentioned we do a lot of peas and corn (microwaved). Bonus + works their fine motor skills

2 Likes

We also did shredded carrots raw (you can use the microplane style grater so it’s more like a zested carrot which completely eliminates the hard nature of a carrot).

Other than that we mostly did prepared vegetable baby pouches when we didn’t have the time or energy to steam things.

2 Likes

Team bags of prechopped frozen peas, frozen peas and carrots, frozen corn. Can set out to thaw a bit before meal, if they’re spread out it’s super fast. Or a quick microwave and they’re good to go. If you pack in the morning to go then they’re thawed by food time.

1 Like

Lots of good ideas, thank you friends! @Ferngully radishes are one of those foods that I don’t regularly eat at home so I forget they exist. Will try feeding yo baby and report back.

Context I did not share is that I’m planning for a trip where I’ll have fridge access for some of it (but not all, I think) and no freezer access for the whole time. ADVENTURE

3 Likes

Fresh peas are also bomb. Just more expensive.

3 Likes

Cherry Tomatoes (quartered). The end

5 Likes

Genuinely did not know this is a food you could buy! You all are the best.

2 Likes

Costco and Trader Joe’s have them. Also, my Fred Meyer, which is a Kroger brand store has them in that section where they have fresh prepped stir fry vegetables and pre chopped onions in the produce section

2 Likes

Those pouches like somebody mentioned are super useful for this kind of thing. They don’t need to be refrigerated, etc. I tend to not appreciate all the plastic waste but I use them for plane trips, etc

3 Likes

Am I the only one whose children make pouches far messier than any other food??

3 Likes

I have one messy pouch eater and one tidy. For a messy kid you can squirt to a spoon for them except they want a pouch like sibling

I love pouches for travel. And asking restaurants for a steamed veggie or boiled/fried egg. A lot of cities have lots of places with prepped veggies for raw. Also travel cheese

2 Likes