Random Questions, Parenting Edition

I did slightly different types of straw cup for water versus milk. But yeah Latte never was a huge fan. Completely fine. Some yogurt and cheese and you’re covered and then you’re not fighting them trying not to eat solids anyway :woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

What straw cup is Mo into? I tried one and my baby was not into it.

1 Like

My baby hates all of his straw cups but loves mine lol.

So I am interested in options! I wonder if he doesn’t like the flow restriction that makes them spill proof.

5 Likes

Yeah, it seems the best success is to start with a super easy to use, spill one like take n toss, then move to spill proof later once the skill is solid.

2 Likes

Cuckoo will drink from a spill proof thermoflask with straw… Because it’s mine :laughing:

5 Likes

She loves cheese. It’s the one of the only words she’ll say out loud right now.

4 Likes

Girl after my own heart.

1 Like

She really likes the munchkin ones but will drink out of basically any straw.

1 Like

The sippies are all yours now. At least for a week to she “steals” them back.

3 Likes

A little update from my previous iron question. Baby is still resolutely having sleep issues after 1-2 days of skipped iron (tried just vitamin D instead, tried the same multi without iron instead) and going right back to solid 11 hour nights with 1-2 brief wakes immediately upon reintroduction.

I’m going to see if we can test her ferritin levels with her doctor.

8 Likes

We do timeouts, which is contentious but I don’t plan to stop. I’m wondering about modifying. I generally use the guideline of starting at age 2 and one minute/year. But learning more about executive function (and comparing my 2 kids), B1 probably has emotional regulation of a 2year old. He CAN do a 4 minute time out, and does. And sometimes chooses to stay after timeout and finish regulating.

So do I change his length of time? Shorten it? Go day by day?

4 Likes

With J1 I did as long as they needed to regulate. No timer, just until they were ready to be with us again?

With J2 I don’t remember. Although it’s possible that it was ineffective as he’d just fall asleep.

2 Likes

hmm, do you think he likes knowing that a timeout is always the same amount of time and find that boundary comforting, or have you noticed that sometimes he needs more or less and would be ok with the boundary of timeout being the same even if the length of time changes?

1 Like

He uses the time to regulate, like J1. But now he can read the time from his step. So if I say 3:48, he can watch for it. Maybe I can try not saying a time?

ETA yes different days he needs more and less but I don’t know that until he’s there

2 Likes

If he’s starting to know when he needs more regulation time and is able to do your current standard 4 mins, then I don’t think you need to adjust down this for him. It sounds like it’s working well as-is.

3 Likes

Has anyone bought any of the Kids Eat In Color materials? There’s a discount on her Real Easy Meal Time Bundle right now…

2 Likes

I bought the cookbook - but my issue is that I buy a lot of cookbooks that I don’t use :grimacing::grimacing:. I liked the idea of a full meal plan for a week but I couldn’t execute it (but we don’t cook much on a normal basis).

3 Likes

We do cook a lot! I’m especially interested in the muffins and nuggets and things we tend to buy, and having those around when he doesn’t eat what we make for dinner

3 Likes

How many stones per week can a washer and drier survive?

5 Likes

A truly shocking amount.

6 Likes