Random Questions, Parenting Edition

You can’t go wrong with things that are useful, IMO. Playdough, stickers, markers. I also am in the camp of no plastic random shit, but still love the things that are actually useful to us.

13 Likes

And every party the little boy has been to has been NO PRESENTS. There haven’t been many goody bags from parties, just from school events and the neighborhood Halloween extravaganza.

10 Likes

Now that I’m thinking about this, I bet that I can collect enough Beanie Babies this summer once garage sale season starts. Sew some cloth bags, and who wins the Sustainability Valentine Award next year??

12 Likes

My kid would lose her mind if she got a beanie baby valentine.

8 Likes

Bubbles are nice. Kids love temporary tattoos and that’s not plastic or a choking hazard at lease.

8 Likes

I have always given mylar balloons instead of goodie bags, but of course those are also trash. But at least they are not clutter trash.

3 Likes

Woolino sleep sack girlies! How often do you wash them? We are rich richies who now have multiples.

6 Likes

Once a week, along with the crib sheet. I figure if it’s good enough for me it’s good enough for him :laughing: Obviously if he yakked or pooped/peed out on it we’d wash that instant. I like having two for this reason.

5 Likes

I don’t have a Woolino but for other sleep sacks I wash them each time they’re puked on :joy::melting_face::joy: spit up lyfe…

4 Likes

Pretty much this!

I own 2 because they take a long time to dry, and I wash it properly- with special wool wash and everything. But almost never wash. Uusally just if it’s gotten bodily fluids on it, or maybe if I take it on a trip then I might wash it when I get back.

I try to remember to usually hang it off the side of the crib when not in use so it can air out, and I even occasionally take the one in use and hang it on the clothesline outdoors.

I also wash my wool sweaters only once per season unless they get soiled.

3 Likes

On their site they say you can wash normally and dry on no heat! So that’s what we do. Totally with you about hanging it up when not in use so it can air out

3 Likes

When they get pee, poo, or spit up on them. Or a cat finds it and nests enough to make it really hairy.

3 Likes

Well, yeah, but we only do the “real” wash once a week so it’s generally the sack going in by itself anyway so might as well use the good detergent!

3 Likes

Ahh see over here “when it’s puked on” means all 3 sleep sacks are washed at least weekly.

5 Likes

The cuckoo is a low-emissions baby.

7 Likes

For the first few weeks we had them we were basically washing one every day. Now we’ve gotten less pukey in the last month ish.

2 Likes

Relevant:

11 Likes

When I remember? So maybe once a month? But also low emissions baby here too. I only own 1 per size but have other sleep sacks as backup.

Goes in with the rest of laundry into wash and dry. We’re savages and do not sort our laundry over here. (Okay I hang dry my bras and blouses but that’s it) I’ve had the sleep sacks for 4 years now and still in great shape.

6 Likes

:rofl:

On gift bags, i like (non scented) stickers, gel/ glitter pens, chocolates, leftover treats from the table of food. Small fun craft things that are consumable.

4 Likes

We live in the US, but our school has outlawed all of these kind of celebrations in the name of equity and inclusion and I’m thankful every day.

7 Likes