Random Questions, Parenting Edition

Do you have a straw cup? Latte did better with different cups for different liquids which uh. Knowing her now is not surprising in retrospect lol. Although she never took bottles :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

Yes we have a small straw cup! We try to switch up what cup he gets for water so he has a few he can use now. We’ve tried milk in there and he just spits it out. Maybe it’s a matter of persistence

2 Likes

I’ve seen up to 30 exposures for something new for kids :smiling_face_with_tear:

4 Likes

Kinda tracks with getting him used to water in cups, too. Sigh! Oh well! I was hoping someone had a buzzfeed article for me about the top 10 tricks to get kids to drink milk from cups

3 Likes

How is Spore this morning? Pipsqueak’s eye was getting worse so we’ve already been to the ER this morning as advised… they upped the antibiotics but still aren’t worried about anything more serious :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Feeding therapist this morning said it can take up to 80 exposures to new foods/drinks/utensils/cups/etc before it is solidly ok for them. Some kids just 1-2 times, but some kids up to 80. :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Whew! OK we keep trying :muscle:

2 Likes

I’m at literally hundreds with rice and keep holding out hope Latte will eat it again one day :smiling_face_with_tear:

4 Likes

Yes! We have rice 2-4x per week, and have for 4 years now, and both girls still won’t eat it. We are definitely in the hundreds of exposures at this point.

3 Likes

He’s really droopy and whimpery, says his head still hurts, and is on his 2nd nap of the day. He’s more or less napped from 11AM to 4:30PM and is still going. We did talk to a pediatrician who said this is all typical of cold virus in little kids, and to liberally dose with ibuprofen. She said meningitis symptoms are really scary and obvious (difficult to rouse, etc.) so we would definitely know. I feel really sorry for him but am not very scared now. Hopefully fever breaks tonight?

I hope Pipsqueak’s eye gets better soon!

8 Likes

Oh that’s a huge relief!!

2 Likes

We do not eat rice as often as you do, but for what it’s worth my 13-year-old just tried rice like last week.

3 Likes

We eat rice probably… 6-9 times per week :grimacing: like a lot. It’s our main starch/grain. And Latte hasn’t eaten it in like 2 years?

2 Likes

I’m impressed - my picky eaters like rice probably because it made such a mess…

3 Likes

From that description I’d just make sure he was getting plenty of fluids too. Tired kids can forget to drink and then dehydration is a problem.

:crossed_fingers: That fever breaks soon, really awful when the littles have a virus.

3 Likes

Earlier this week I bought him some chocolate milk to entice hydration. The cafe was out of smaller packs so I got the pint (about 470 mL) and stuck a straw in it. He chugged the entire thing within 5 minutes, and then complained of a bellyache to add to his woes :joy:.

11 Likes

Oh no poor kid :rofl:

2 Likes

Valentine’s day approaches!

Thinking these cards and these stickers

Does this seem … okay? I don’t want to spend money on this but also want my kid to feel like he’s participating and not left out.

For those who do not know, my child is obsessed with the periodic table, hence the theme. In his progress report it was mentioned that he is referred to in class as the “scientist.”

15 Likes

I love that so much better than the handful of Paw Patrol ones. Or for my kid this year, Minecraft/Fortnite ones.

1 Like

They’re wonderful and personalized perfectly to Meowlet!

4 Likes