Random Questions, Parenting Edition

Amazing! Well done.

1 Like

What a smart solution. I love this forum!

4 Likes

D1 is very pleased with how “Baby Kate” was fixed during her surgery. She immediately noticed that the new zip tie was yellow instead of white. I told her that was part of the surgery that the doctor did. She just said “ok” and is happily playing with her.

12 Likes

I agree!

4 Likes

Help! What do you all do for clogged ducts? Internet says so many different things :sob::sob:

5 Likes

It’s all completely contradictory advice online right! This last time I tried to do ice and ibuprofen, it seemed to be the “updated” protocol on the internet and i felt like it resolved quickly without progressing to mastitis :woman_shrugging:t2:

6 Likes

Yeah it seems like the latest school of thought is that it’s more inflammation of the duct walls versus a true clog, so you want to bring down inflammation versus focusing on pulverizing a clog necessarily?

5 Likes

This is what worked for me too!

4 Likes

Along with what everyone else says sunflower lecithin seemed to also help. I kept taking it for at least a week after the clog cleared so it didn’t come back.

3 Likes

I stay on a one per day dose the whole time I’m nursing at my LC’s recommendation because of my oversupply making mastitis risky.

2 Likes

Yes, giant sunflower lecithin capsules. I took 2 or 3 at a time when I had a plugged duct, along with 800 mg of Ibuprofen at a time. Then like @gardeningandgreen said, keep taking them for a bit after it clears up.

If it’s mastitis though, go immediately to the doctor. Antibiotics are the way, don’t suffer through that shit.

6 Likes

woohoo! I’m glad the doll is back in one piece!!

2 Likes

Does anyone else have kids who don’t like their stuffed animals? Or who got into them later? It seems weird to declutter them, but also how do they not love them?

2 Likes

I can’t speak for HAVING kids but I know when I WAS a kid, after the age of about 4, I only liked one stuffed animal (that I kept until I was almost 30!) and didn’t really care about the others unless they had a special feature (such as the one my dad got me that smelled like candy, but the novelty of that wore off pretty fast too). I was more about hard plastic toys to physically play with once out of toddlerhood.

4 Likes

I was not a stuffed animal kid. Or really a toy kid. I just never formed attachments to dolls/stuffies/blankets, etc. I think some kids just aren’t that into them!

1 Like

I’d keep one or two, but if he’s not into the, he’s not into them

3 Likes

Duckling wasn’t big on them at 2, just had 2 that he was sort-of attached to. At 6, he has developed a pile and attachments and they are all required to assist his sense of safety and emotional management.

2 Likes

My experience has been that stuffies end up being a dime a dozen, and prolific.

So… I wouldn’t necessarily save them all ‘just in case?’

3 Likes

Yes, still true of my 12yo! But I agree that stuffies just sort of appear in your house so I wouldn’t worry about saving them.

2 Likes

I’m going to be hosting a 2 hour long 7th birthday party at an indoor playground place, what time do you think is best? The options are 9 am, noon and 3 pm. The only food I’m allowed to bring is cake, so I’m thinking noon is not good. At 9 it will be the least crowded with people who are not attending the party. I’m kind of leaning towards 9 because we’re morning people, but will that be a problem for non-morning people? The kids can stay after the party and keep playing, but it closes at 5, so if we do 3 pm they will have to leave immediately. I am entirely too stressed about this decision.

7 Likes