OOTD: Share Your Looks!

Everybody’s in teal today!! (Ok mine’s more straight blue but it’s close :grin:)

9 Likes

That’s one reason I have waffled on getting a pink streak. It would probably be a different pink than my clothes! (Though I also have a lot of teal clothes and… well, obviously pink and teal is great.)

2 Likes

8 Likes

Oh no! I wouldn’t. The shadow just makes it look that way!

2 Likes

:joy: I know the pain of clashing clothes. I have a whole dresser drawer of “can’t wear these till I change hair colors.”

4 Likes

Teal and blues unite! {internet high five}

2 Likes

Those are my go-to colours too. Chiming in with white and teal sneakers today

10 Likes

6 Likes

This look called “6:30am boarding for 6 hour flight in middle seat on 45 mins of sleep”

10 Likes

@AllHat , do you know about the wonders of using original blue Dawn on stains? It works really great on grease/oil stains without taking out the color of your clothes.

3 Likes

Now is the time when it becomes clear that my husband does all the laundry…haha, WHO IS DAWN. jk, I’ll look that up :slight_smile: it’s a really old stain though so idk if it’s too late.

3 Likes

It’s magic, I’m telling you. It even gets out blood. But it has to be the blue one? I never tested that nugget, just went with it because it works.

2 Likes

Oh, I think I forgot the word “dishsoap”. Original Dawn dishsoap, is blue. Not found in the laundry detergent aisle but needed for anyone who does laundry and gets stuff on their clothes.

3 Likes

Do you know what works on chocolate and kiddie paint stains? Because I don’t actually know how to do anything with clothes besides “stick in washing machine, cross fingers” so we now have a LOT of stained clothing…

1 Like

He also does all the dishes :slight_smile: hahaha, literally thought dawn was laundry detergent.

3 Likes

Chocolate sets with heat, so it’s one that comes out MUCH better when it’s fresh. Most stains do :wink: but you can try an oxyclean soak or a similar mild bleach. Can bleach out colors though.

In the future though, if you take care of it before washing, it does come out! Scrape it off, rinse with cold water, rub in detergent on the spot and let it sit. Cold soak again and repeat until the stain comes out. This works on most stains if you don’t want to look up how to treat that particular stain.

1 Like

Awk conference outfit selfie after the last session let out 45 minutes early (I think the presenter didn’t practice and was just guessing at how long 75 minutes was??). This stain talk is very useful since I got chocolate on my pants this morning in the car. :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

10 Likes

Ready to fight another round, blammo!

10 Likes

Bracken_Joy pretty much covered it. I would just add that all stains, not only chocolate, set with heat so if you wash something that had a stain you should check it before you put it in the dryer because once you set a stain with the dryer, it’s very hard to get it out. I’m not even sure you use a dryer as your environment itself makes a pretty good dryer, but just in case. Still, if you have something that is beloved but now stained, I’d give the Dawn a try. There are many stain remover products but I’ve found Dawn to be the most effective.

So when I have something with a stain on it, which is often with kids, I get the area of the stain(s) wet, I put some Dawn dish soap directly on the stain, and then I rub the material together to scrub the stain out. I do not rinse that, I just put in the wash. After washing, I check to make sure the stain is out before letting it dry. Usually that’s enough, but if something is really grubby (like Daughter’s off-white panda sweatshirt that she was wearing every day), in addition to scrubbing stains out with Dawn, I also soak the whole thing overnight in Oxyclean, then wash and dry. Stuff comes out looking like new if you do that!

3 Likes