OOTD: Share Your Looks!

Ready to fight another round, blammo!

10 Likes

Bracken_Joy pretty much covered it. I would just add that all stains, not only chocolate, set with heat so if you wash something that had a stain you should check it before you put it in the dryer because once you set a stain with the dryer, it’s very hard to get it out. I’m not even sure you use a dryer as your environment itself makes a pretty good dryer, but just in case. Still, if you have something that is beloved but now stained, I’d give the Dawn a try. There are many stain remover products but I’ve found Dawn to be the most effective.

So when I have something with a stain on it, which is often with kids, I get the area of the stain(s) wet, I put some Dawn dish soap directly on the stain, and then I rub the material together to scrub the stain out. I do not rinse that, I just put in the wash. After washing, I check to make sure the stain is out before letting it dry. Usually that’s enough, but if something is really grubby (like Daughter’s off-white panda sweatshirt that she was wearing every day), in addition to scrubbing stains out with Dawn, I also soak the whole thing overnight in Oxyclean, then wash and dry. Stuff comes out looking like new if you do that!

3 Likes

I’d like to place an order for one rdaneeI0 husband, please.

7 Likes

IMG_20190502_182710_291 today my outfit showed off my arm pork. And my suction cups

7 Likes

Not sure if you can see it in the picture, but my tights have Alice in Wonderland.

7 Likes

Grown up meetings in NYC so I dressed like a candy store in a suit.

Bonus shoes

12 Likes

Putting on my textile sciences hat for a moment, dawn is especially great for oil based stains. Oxyclean powder is good for sweat and general dinginess.

You do not want to rub fabric together with the soap. That grinds the stain into the fabric and can spread it out. To get a stain out, put a similarly colored (or well washed of any color, you just don’t want colors to bleed) dry cloth behind the stain, then use another wet cloth on top to dab the stain. Think of it like you are using the top cloth to push the stain through to the bottom cloth.

It also helps to think of fiber type as well as stain type when treating stains. Natural fibers and synthetic fibers clean differently. Gentle soaps like hand soap or mild dish soap work well on natural fibers. Harsher/stronger soaps might be needed for synthetic fibers.

8 Likes

Haha, he is literally the best human ever.

3 Likes

Rare photo of me in a dress:

13 Likes

Two days of OOTD!

8 Likes

Two days for me too. I really love the light blue jeans so pics here will feature them more than I actually wear them. I try not to wear them too much so they wear out slower. I wear one pair of super generic straight leg jeans almost every day in the winter which currently need replacing

11 Likes

I have a really similar dress to this! We should plan a twin day. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha, yes! Far-distant twinsies.

I wore this to play pandemic with Meowmalade’s crew. They were in PJ’s and scrubs. I was overdressed. But goddammit I’ve been wearing hiking gear for 2 weeks straight. Why did I drag these dresses across the country if I’m not gonna wear them?

11 Likes

It’s Caturday!

12 Likes

Caturday is my favourite day of the week!

3 Likes

No OOTD from me, it’s just a loose tee and tights absolutely woven with dog hair.
I am just popping in to this thread to say WE ARE ALL SO CUTE.

8 Likes

This thread has made me aware that I only own 2 t-shirts.

9 Likes

I went Potterhead for Sheep and Wool. Spotted a fellow Hufflepuff, too.

11 Likes

5 Likes