OMD Top Iron Master Chef

my impression is that’s how this is supposed to work :joy:

7 Likes

Even better! When I saw the “pictures optional” i was worried i might be signing up to make some bizarre things in my kitchen LOL

6 Likes

My initial impulse was just to follow along, but what the heck. I have free time.

I’m also a super picky water so it’ll be interesting to see how many challenges are food I straight up don’t eat.

6 Likes

I can’t tell if this is real or not but I’m in.

9 Likes

Doesn’t that just describe so much of our forum activities?

14 Likes

I think that if you’re confused, you can visit this groundbreaking previous OMD reality show and then this thread makes sense (in comparison)

8 Likes

And life in general!

5 Likes

Yes, I really need to stress to everyone that the level of effort here is “whatever is fun.”

Look at how @PDM lives his life. That’s the effort we’re looking at here.

11 Likes

Ok, you’re all a bunch of eager over achievers. As host @Meowkins has explained, this is all made up. You’ll only have to verbally and maybe visually (google image search people) sell the sizzle.

9 Likes

I love this but I will just sit by and watch because my life is much too crazy to participate

3 Likes

Episode 1 starts soon.

7 Likes

Tease.

1 Like

If more contestants are allowed, I’d like to play! Otherwise I will cook along at home. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Hello and welcome to the first round of OMD Top Iron Master Chef! I’m one of your hosts, and the other is the lovely Meowkins! This is the cooking show to find out whose cuisine reigns supreme! Who is the best chef in the OMD jungle?
Lets get the boring stuff out of the way first.
This is how it will work (hopefully).

1. The Theme - Your amazing hosts will announce a theme for each round - maybe an ingredient to be used, maybe a feeling to recreate, maybe whatever we think up.

2. The Cooking - Contestants will then be required to ‘cook’ their best dish to meet the theme.
    Cooking it can entail pretty much anything short of actually cooking the dish (lets be real here people - this host struggles to feed himself and family and he don’t have time to cook for the internet). Provide a recipe or don’t. Provide a back story or don’t. Google image search a picture or don’t. Draw a picture in microsoft paint or don’t.

3. The Judgening. Your hosts and maybe a guest judge will ‘taste’ all the dishes and decide on the best dish of the round - who wins glory. And the two least best dishes.

4. Dun dun dun - THE ELIMINATIONING. The two least best dishes will be forced into an elimination challenge to save their bacon.

Don’t feel pressured to rush your response - the round will last a few days or so. And if you don’t get something submitted, think of your hosts as that cool professor who was chill about stuff like that.

Without further ado, the first theme ingredient is…cauliflower!

Cauliflower is one of several vegetables in the species in the genus which is in the Brassicaceae family. It is an annual plant that reproduces by seed.
In the 1st century AD, Pliny included what he called cyma among his descriptions of cultivated plants in Natural History: “Ex omnibus brassicae generibus suavissima est cyma,” (“Of all the varieties of cabbage the most pleasant-tasted is cyma”). Pliny’s descriptions likely refer to the flowering heads of an earlier cultivated variety of Brassica oleracea, but comes close to describing modern cauliflower.

Or as this host’s toddler refers to it ‘ghost brocolli’.

So, now our brave contestants…cook! Cook like your lives depend on it.

@Smacky
@Gdogg
@galliver
@diapasoun
@Elle
@LadyDuck
@Greyweld
@beep_boop
@AllHat
@brute

11 Likes

Ghost broccoli sounds pretty bad ass, though, you have to admit.

grabs popcorn to enjoy the shenanigans

4 Likes

Here to watch!

2 Likes

Ahem. You guys, don’t tell my partner why I take long washroom breaks while he’s WFH.

In reverse Pinterest order, Hi Alllllll. I’m Emma, aka Elle! And I’m a crudely stereotyped mom. My favourite time is wine o clock, but you have to be careful with those calories! Pro-tip, rose, prosecco, pink gin, vodka and a LOT of sparkling water can make a turbo fueled low calorie cocktail.

But what about our other nutrients? We could do a green smoothie, or, we could go for something a little more tropical to celebrate the start of Canada’s beach season. In your high powered blender (unless affiliate links work here, in which case let’s name drop) combine an entire cauliflower chopped into florets, a can or pineapple, pineapple crystal light, coconut essence, and 3 TBSP creamed coconut. Add ice and water, start low and work up to a high pulse. It’s daytime, so you can use rum flavour. At night, go for the vodka drink above. Or, I guess add rum to this.

Enjoy your newfound virginity in this creamy cauli colada!!!

Kid approved, neighbour detested

downloadfile.bin (3) downloadfile-3.bin (3)

15 Likes

Oh, you want a bio? EXCUSE ME I AM AN ARTIST AND TOO SPECIAL FOR THIS.

9 Likes

Damn. @Elle here kicking things off strong.

7 Likes

:rofl: This was my favorite part. And all of it. Both.

5 Likes