OMD Top Iron Master Chef

Hi and welcome to the OMD Top Iron Master Chef competition. We are your hosts and judges @PDM @Meowkins and we look forward to you joining us each episode where we find OMD’s NEXT TOP IRON MASTER CHEF!

Drawing from all previous reality tv cooking shows - with a dash of the just darn lovely spirit of The Great British Bake Off and none that awful Gordan Ramsey man - we will narrow down our contestants until a winner is crowned. They may even get awarded a badge! (Disclaimer: I have no authorisation to give out badges).

So here are the rules:

• 2 Judges sometimes with a guest judge
  • 8 (or however many people want to play) contestants.
  • 1 Mystery Ingredient that must feature in each dish
  • 2 rounds per episode - main round where all cook. Elimination round where two weakest dishes battle it out.
  • Contestants can ‘sit out a round’ or two if life is too busy to be fucked with this nonsense but they still want to be a part of it.

Due to the constraints of this all dishes are virtually cooked, with each contestant providing a back story to their dish and their vision and inspiration (bonus points if it is deeply meaningful and is from the old country/how mama used to make it). A recipe should be provided.
Photos are optional.

Now accepting nominations for contestants!
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO BE OMD’s TOP IRON MASTER CHEF???

OzyzsJ8

13 Likes

Yaaay!!!

Also I can award badges.

8 Likes

15 Likes

I’m pretty sure the show is called OMD Top Iron Master Chef.

7 Likes

17 Likes

I love it! It really speaks to how shambolic this is going to be.

10 Likes

This sounds amazing.

5 Likes

I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE.

… work is effed for next 2 weeks so I reserve flaking rights.

ETA clarification the dish doesn’t actually have to be cooked, correct? I will totally use this for dinner inspiration but not if… Well if I don’t wanna…

6 Likes

I do not have what it takes. I’m just gonna sit over here and watch. :grimacing:

4 Likes

@Brute, @AllHat, @LadyDuck (I think she already volunteered)

I do a lot of cooking, but am not fancy pants like some.

Do we have to provide something that looks like a real recipe, or is it more iust descriptive?

Any chance to pull evil stunts on other contestants or gain an advantage?

5 Likes

Please pick me!!

5 Likes

Contestants (to be updated as people nominate)
@Smacky
@Gdogg
@galliver
@Marcela? unclear if just excited for concept or wants in
@Elle
@LadyDuck
@Greyweld
@beep_boop

4 Likes

I’ve got my apron and assistants ready.

7 Likes

Hey, not fair including professionals!

2 Likes

@flan?

2 Likes

Yes yes yes.

2 Likes

I am joining!

2 Likes

Given how flaky Nori (it was his fault not mine! :grimacing:) was on the Cat Island Circle, I will be in the audience/willing to be a guest judge if it is helpful

5 Likes

Are spouses allowed to be sometimes-sous chefs? This is a factor.

4 Likes

Sure why not?

To clarify- no actually cooking required.

12 Likes