OMD Radio: Share Music Recs!

Wheeeeeeeeeew this trombone solo!!! I was smiling so big!

2 Likes

I needed THE most calming music this morning. This Kate Bollinger EP hit the mark. It’s soothing coffee shop soundtrack, but not too twee. Allllmost chillhop.

2 Likes

Beyoncé said EVERYONE GO TO THE CLUB

4 Likes

I’m really liking Kate Bollinger. Thanks for introducing her to me! She reminds me a little of a more chill Lucy Rose.

2 Likes

Saw a tiktok about this song and was immediately transported back to my high schools pool, waiting for my turn for laps, Walkman in hand on the little bleacher set they had. This song smells like chlorine to me now. The way he scream sings SUNSHIIIIIIIINE. Chills

4 Likes

New Soccer Mommy is delicious.

Couldn’t find a full album link on YouTube yet, but here’s a listening party NPR Music did?

2 Likes

Going to play around in Mural today, organizing my interview thoughts. Pretending I’m a sim with this funny playlist on in the background:

2 Likes

This track is like
jammy jazz, orchestral, kinda 80’s, but Indian-flavored? I love it.

1 Like

MFers will say ~honesty is the best policy~ then this gets 1B streams from an otherwise unknown artist

I love humanity :rofl:

1 Like

That album is gold. Rihanna’s TI cover is so good too

1 Like

Sorry I said TI is unknown, they’re obviously popular, it’s just the streaming ratio on that song is hilarious

1 Like

I have a skewed understanding of what is “popular” beyond Harry Styles and Taylor Swift. So you didn’t offend me!

1 Like

Imagine you went to a dimly lit bar in the middle of a Tuesday afternoon. You don’t have any obligations. There’s a small candle flickering on the table. You order a bitter drink to sip, and condensation makes a ring on the table cloth in front of you. You trace it over and over with your finger, and you can feel your heart beat slow and steady. On stage, a beautiful Pakistani woman is nostalgically crooning while a sparse backup band plays sparkly, moody music behind her.

1 Like

Latest The 1975 single sounds like their take on Vampire Weekend in the best way. They make really inventive, fun pop with a soul!

3 Likes

If you’re a soundtrack person, check out this score from Broadchurch. Lovely, lush, soothing, slightly somber/haunting. I am a newly minted Olafur Arnalds fan. “I Could Have Stopped It” is particularly gorgeous.

I literally cannot get enough of her voice. All their songs make me dance around the kitchen.

3 Likes

New Divino Nino track!!! My Chicago loves!!!

1 Like

Rico Nasty album has blended rap, hyperpop, emo, pop-punk
each track is so different. Fun!

All the tracks seem to be on YouTube but not in a playlist yet. Here’s one to start with!

1 Like

I have to rec this pop album for summer vibes. If you’re familiar with the TikTok audio from Love Island ~a hot new bombshell enters the villa~ the Don’t Call Me Up Track is what plays right after it :joy: The artist Mabel was on Love Island.

But this album is great and is a perfect pop album straddling the line between innocence and maturity, reminds me of listening to Hilary Duff kind of :sob: or more recently like Carly Rae Jepsen’s Emotion

Lots of tropical percussion via the UK industry

2 Likes

Also have to rec this hip-hop album. The entire run is SIXTEEN minutes but the bars hit and she does this flawless echo vocal effect throughout that is so perfect and I’ve never heard before. Like the club autotune from the aughts but elevated to sublime

1 Like