OMD Radio: Share Music Recs!

Tune in & discover new tunes! Swap Spotify (or your streaming site of choice) playlists, ask for personalized recs, curate a soundtrack to save $ to. Break out of your algorithmic rut! Support and share artists you love :musical_note: :notes:

ETA: My personal taste is alllll over the map so I welcome any genre! No guilty in this pleasure :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Today I’ve got the windows open and the cool breeze goes well with the album Sticky Thumb by Hether. RIYL (Recommended If You Like) Tame Impala, falsetto lyrics, psych-rock sounds.

1 Like

Also enjoying my first playthrough of the album i’ll show you stronger by new-to-me artist, PRONOUN. Kinda Tegan and Sara-esque, but less coherent/traditional pop song construction?

1 Like

A random assortment of my last added I’ve been listening to. RIYL- dance hits, breathy female vocals, EDM vibes.

1 Like

Oh man, Nelly Furtado! Haven’t thought about her in a while!

1 Like

Rhiannon Giddens + Yo Yo Ma = Perfection

3 Likes

I’m so old. Nelly Furtado is the only artist I’ve heard of, and that’s from like 20 years ago. :rofl:

2 Likes

Oldies VERY MUCH welcome!! :slight_smile: I’ll post some older stuff tomorrow but thought I’d start us off with a few recent finds.

2 Likes

If anyone has Tidal and likes country here’s a link to my long-ass playlist

https://tidal.com/browse/playlist/8451ffa0-f4a4-40d6-9517-036f66bd7899

1 Like

Love country!!

It’s a mix of 80’s to now. Prime Country on SiriusXM is my favorite station.

2 Likes

Thank you for explaining that acronym :sweat_smile:

I think I had a dream inspired by your journal post, in which I was listening to Tame Impala and really liking it, so I will have to listen to this. (I know I’ve heard Tame Impala before, but I can’t remember if I like it particularly.)

I will recommend my latest favorite musician, Emily Portman. RIYL folk violins and female musicians, but a little… off the beaten path, I guess.

1 Like

I’ve been getting into disco lately. Loving Jessie Ware and Kylie Minogue’s latest albums:

As for country, I like this album Miranda Lambert just put out with Jack Ingram and Jon Randall. Sounds like a bunch of friends sitting around a campfire, drinking beer and singing together. Miranda Lambert’s voice really shines. I especially like “Homegrown Tomatoes.”

2 Likes

Going to start including both Spotify, Bandcamp, and Youtube links where possible so all can enjoy! I realize not everyone has had Spotify premium since 2010 :laughing:

Hey @noodle do you like any 80’s country?

Yup! I grew up on 80s/90s country. I think my country sweet spots are 90s and 60s tbh. Patsy Cline, Brenda Lee, Tammy Wynette, Loretta Lynn, Shania Twain, LeAnn Rimes, Martina, Bonnie Raitt, The (Dixie) Chicks, Reba…who are your faves?

I grew up on 80’s/90’s country too. I was born in '89. I love Alabama, Joe Diffie, Conway Twitty, Reba, Garth Brooks, Diamond Rio, Loretta Lynn, Travis Tritt, Tracy Lawrence, Shania Twain, Keith Whitley, Kenny Chesney, Hank Williams (Jr and Sr), Tim McGraw, Martina McBride, Dolly Parton, I could go on forever honestly.

1 Like

What are some of your favorite songs?

I’ve got a whole playlist! Obviously “Crazy” by Patsy is an all-timer. “Kite Song” by Patty Griffin has a special place in my heart. The Chicks are so good at story songs, like “Goodbye Earl” and “Travelin’ Soldier.” Still remember the music video for “Independence Day” by Martina McBride like it was yesterday lol. Alison Krauss could sing the phone book and I’d get chills, but I especially love every song on her live album with Union Station.

1 Like