OMD Radio: Share Music Recs!

Oooo both of these recs are new to me!! Ty!!

Happy Album Release Day to BeyoncĂ© and Maggie Rogers!! We’re gonna be busy today!

4 Likes

I came here to say this. Finally, my Maggie album, finally. I thought we’d never get here!

3 Likes

Pretending I am inside a TCM movie today.

While it’s not as good as a whole new album, SZA released a deluxe version of Ctrl this year. The OG 2017 album was on constant rotation for me.

2 Likes

I think I’ve posted about this before, but For the Birds: The Birdsong Project, sponsored by the Audubon Society, keeps putting out these wonderful volumes of music and poetry/spoken word. Truly made for me–artists I love, new-to-me artists, famous people reading poems by famous poets both classic and modern. Great variety for working–ambient, classical, folk, pop. They’re up to vol. III with plans for IV and V. Not sure if they exist on YouTube or Apple Music etc.

2 Likes

I always love the Rosewave mixes NPR puts together (they’re really good at surprising transitions and including a wide variety of genres to keep me interested). But this frenchie pop one is a tour de force, truly!

1 Like

Welp here’s another song I’m gonna replay until I’m sick of it.

1 Like

Yesssss Miranda!!

Heard it on the radio this morning and was like ‘aw yeah’

1 Like

What’re your “Albums of the Summer?” Could be released in 2022 or any year–whatever you’re keeping on rotation these days. Here’re my two!

Thanks to the uber driver who had “Pick Up Your Feelings” on when I got in the car and reminded me of this gem from last year:

Steve Lacy is blowing my m i n d. “Bad Habit” will 100% be on my top 10 listened to tracks in 2022. If you can, I highly recommend listening to this one in the car on a hot summer evening with the windows down. The way each song contains multitudes!

1 Like

Can’t explain it, but this Genesis album from 1980 is really doing it for me today.

2 Likes

Greta from Frankie Cosmos covers Guided By Voices, what a musician.

Reminds me when me and my bandmates would kind of hang out and sing along to bands that we loved.

2 Likes

do you like the timbre of country music but you’re bored of the same old chord progressions and misogynistic themes? Shakey Graves is scratching that itch for me right now (also how are yall embedding videos in your posts?)

https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/AkDycke-u6M

2 Likes

It might be a function of how long youve been posting/how many posts you’ve made for that permission to pop up! They embed automatically for me now. I love Shakey Graves.

1 Like

gosh, i am older
but the emo i like had a revival and there are some real gems out there

1 Like

So this song has taken over my brain now.

3 Likes

I like it!

This is the first song that got me hooked. He wrote it after his Dad died from cancer and this is what he said about it. “I wrote this about my father’s passing last July. About my desperate desire for heaven and earth to collide into one another so I can see him again.”

2 Likes

Major Weeknd vibes. I like this guy’s look! He looks like a normal person (with an excellent voice)!

ETA: oooo a harder rock sound there at the end! Very nice!

1 Like