Objects of Desire

Your mom would want you to buy the paint you really want. Maybe you can paint her something pretty and I’m sure she’d love that!

4 Likes

Very expensive sweatshirt

4 Likes

Oh nooo their clothes are very cute. I’m telling myself their clothes don’t work for petites.

5 Likes

Apparently G wants more all birds for Christmas. If I get him 2 pairs, I can replace my ballet flats? Yes?

10 Likes

I think you replace your ballet flats no matter how many birds G gets. Honestly, you had to curry your own chickpeas today. It’s the least that he could do.

10 Likes

This makeup set. I am a sucker for minis.

This phone stand so I don’t have to hold it while I hold bebe

Very expensive outdoor slippers?!

5 Likes

This fireplace from Wednesday.

9 Likes

I am confused by these. Outdoor slippers - for use in and around the home. I’d destroy those the first time I wore them for sure.
To me outdoors is like the backyard?

5 Likes

I’m also confused and yet I desire

3 Likes

I always thought the Japanese indoor slippers type thing was a good idea. We’ve gone a different direction at our house. It’s barefoot mostly inside and outside. Or shoes inside and outside. Or some mix of that.

Guest come over and start to take off their shoes and I’m like “nah, leave them on. Our floors are dirtier than your shoes.”

6 Likes

I am a shoes off inside person but also I’m shoes off outside so yeh… the floors are dirty.

Sometimes I think shoes that I could slip on for going outside would help but also, I can’t be bothered? Not when I’m making trips between the kitchen and the garden for herbs, or trips from the house to the laundry which is very inconveniently located, or headed to the yard because the kids are attacking each other on the trampoline… that and I like walking around outside with no shoes on :see_no_evil:

5 Likes

Dh likes slippers with enough sole that he can walk down the driveway to get the newspaper in the morning, but otherwise “outdoor slippers “= “shoes”. I aim for something more in the ~$25 range, though. LOL

4 Likes

This is objects of desire where I post my ridiculous expensive desires!!!

4 Likes

This is where the Hawaiian Locals really shine. They’re just a flip flop, but a nice reminder when we went to Hawaii lol. We keep a pair by each door to the outside so we can slip them on for quick trips out. I don’t walk to fair in them because they’re pretty wretched for foot health, but to pop out to the trash can where I don’t wanna be barefoot (or in winter) they’re fantastic.

So there’s a money saving tip. Don’t buy $200 slipper things. Spend $5k instead and buy $7 slippahs on a Hawaiian vacation :joy: follow me for more money saving hacks.

16 Likes

To be clear this is me for most of the yard and front lol, I just hate going by the trash barefoot. Or if it’s cold AF or super mucky outside.

5 Likes

This describes 90% of my weather …

4 Likes

We’re a shoes off inside house as there’s a lovely shade of red to the dirt at our place, as well as new flooring in the house that’s only 18 months old.

My pair of Archie’s thongs (flip flops that are super supportive @Bracken_Joy ) sit by the front door for the short trips to the bins. Anything beyond that (wood shed, chicken run) gets work boots.

5 Likes

I could definitely use more footwear. At the moment I have a single pair of sandals that I wear everyday. I also have numerous pairs of boots for our 3 week winter.

Flip flops would be a helpful addition. Good for going to the pool too. Probably more urgently I need a good pair of sportsy shoes (for all the sports I don’t do :joy:)

4 Likes