Objects of Desire

I definitely don’t 100% fit this description but it’s basically liking traditional style as a younger person :sunglasses:

5 Likes

It me

2 Likes

Huh, I’m wondering if I have that taste too!

2 Likes

Maybe so! I think there’s still a wide range of what’s included. I downloaded some interiors pics from my Pinterest to kind of show where I fall on the spectrum.

Under the cut since it’s a lot of images!

My personal taste includes a tinge of farmhouse too

11 Likes

I don’t think I know what my taste is now! But it’s definitely a mix of things.

1 Like

Yeah I think it’d be pretty rare to only like 100% one style!

1 Like

:joy: this just looks like normal housewares to me.

2 Likes

What about chairs like those for your table (the rounded ones not the other ones)

1 Like

Yes! My mom has those and I love them. They’re super sturdy and timeless (to me). I’ve seen them called arrowback or paddleback.

I have no recommendation about the chairs (I really like the look of yours, but I get them not working for you) but I just had to comment on the excellent centerpiece. :wink:

2 Likes

What if you painted the seats an interesting color?

I am not sure one can paint velvet? I think we need chairs made out of a more durable material for life with kid and two cats!

1 Like

Oh they looked like wood seats! If it’s velvet, a candidate for reupholstry if you like the general design!

On the other hand, you could let your family trash them for a few years and then get nicer chairs later :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve had them for a few years and they were great before cats. They just attract so much hair they make me sad now hah. And they’re a little too…formal feeling? For us to want to sit at the table for dinner, etc. so I think it’ll soon be time to find something else that works with the current table, which is solid wood and can certainly take a beating.

1 Like

For chairs with fabric seats, my mum just makes a square cover to sit on top out of the plastic-backed curtain fabric. Triple layered blockout, maybe? And we sit on the covers, and they can be washed. Works pretty well for us.

7 Likes

Do you desire solo stoves in several sizes?

2 Likes

I got an ad for this and I kinda want one (though if I got one I really need two or four to replace the ones we have). I also thought of @noitsbecky.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1246679632/pet-object-litter-box-the-functional-and-sleek-litter-box/

1 Like

CASHMERE bike shorts. Silly concept but I want them lol

4 Likes

hmmmm…

1 Like

Thank you for reminding me that I want to add more cashmere to my wardrobe. I have two cashmere sweaters and they feel so good and I want so many more.

3 Likes