Objects of Desire

My parents probably still have some in the back of their cupboards. I can still remember them on the shelves at woollies. There must be thousands of them still out there.

3 Likes

I regret that too. Think of all the happy clean Lego people that will now remain grubby and sudsless.

6 Likes

It wasn’t there today. Boy PDM said he’d use it to wash matchbox cars.

4 Likes

Boy PDM is my kind of genius

3 Likes

I have a local opshop with a whole shelf unit full of them but they’re for display purposes only.

:scream::scream::scream:

5 Likes

Thanks for keeping an eye out for me :+1:

3 Likes

Petite Belted Mock Neck Sweater Dress

:heart_eyes:

11 Likes

I was wrong. The dress was just a fling. This one is true love.

My plan is to replace my nice (but very worn) coat at the end of winter during end of season sales. Right now I’m hunting down as many versions as I can so I can stalk them all and hopefully get a deal.

15 Likes

ooo this is beautiful!! I love the color.

1 Like

Isn’t it gorgeous? I like how it’s more caramel than beige. The wool blend coat I have now is more beige-y and it’s not ideal on my warm skin tone.

1 Like

I’m looking at camp stoves, more for emergency preparedness. And then I found this thing:

I don’t have any reason for buying such a thing, and of course it depends on it being sunny. BUT WE WANTS IT.

4 Likes

Get a camp stove with electronic ignition - so much easier! (We upgraded last year, and it’s delightful.)

2 Likes

For emergency preparedness I think a cat food can stove is all a person needs.

Not that I have one, but I think they’re a very good idea.

5 Likes

Oh like a Sterno? There’s a thought

If we’re being honest, if the power is out for more than 12 hours because of a big storm, I am most likely to build a fire in the fire pit 3 seasons out of the year, and just eat slightly warmed canned food over the wood burning stove in the winter.

But this is objects of desire. I desire fancy cool future things.

8 Likes

Maybe I will. I probably don’t even need a camp stove at all, I have realized, because I just bought an expensive solar charged battery backup (which is great). But this is objects of desire. I desire!

3 Likes

Can also be made with a tuna can.

As a kid I made a campstove out of a soup can. It was wood burning so wouldn’t be useful for urban disaster preparedness.

5 Likes

I’ve never seen this before, interesting. I might try it, but I don’t desire it. :wink:

2 Likes

My dad makes these for fun. He was going to send me one a few years ago but then realized that California + denatured alcohol stoves = nopeeeee.

We made those with a tuna can, corrugated cardboard, and paraffin, and you can actually cook over them.

2 Likes

Did you see the trench coat they have in that same color? With the pleated back? So dreamy. Not sure how it would be in real life, but on the model it’s gorgeous.

2 Likes