Objects of Desire

I will tell you all about it and send pictures before it is ruined (it was actually husband stealing the backpack that broke me - that and PMS. Like obviously toddlers don’t respect me, but you too?)

11 Likes

Ooooh yes I can see that being Last Straw.

10 Likes

If in your op shopping travels you find any of these:

I’ll happily pay for your time to purchase and ship them to me. They’re the ideal size for my long blacks and remind me of life 40 years ago.

11 Likes

Whew that is a gorgeous mug!

4 Likes

Are you familiar with the brand TUMI? I got myself a TUMI backpack as a purse a few years ago. My always traveling friend recommended. They look fancy but wipe clean. Mine looks brand new despite being used every day. They fit a surprising amount of stuff. They are not cheap. I’ve got an older version of the Hilden:

They’ve also got leather ones.

2 Likes

I’ll keep an eye out.

3 Likes

That certainly is pretty and expensive!

4 Likes

That is pretty!

2 Likes

My first thought was: good luck (said in the voice on the phone in the movie Taken). But now I want one of these items too. Please update when you find it!

2 Likes

I want someone else to put my children to bed.

Failing that, someone to watch them while i sleep in…

Wait it says “objects”. Um.

10 Likes

Could be like a nanny robot

8 Likes

What could go wrong :+1:

5 Likes

I have literally bought this bottle (well, a £2 knockoff) but mostly failed to persuade my housemate of its charms. It’s great, I endorse it.

6 Likes

Once a day one of us says we wish we had a Dobby!

5 Likes

Apparently both of my patio chairs (that came with the house) are now broken so I guess I want new chairs. The problem is I want ones I will like but also ones that will survive my child being small. And I don’t want to spend any money.

8 Likes

Gah, infuriating. Have you found a replacement yet? I have a Timbuk2 crossbody that is purselike enough to be unappealing for my coparent, machine washable, holds phone, keys, snacks, a small water bottle and a kindle. Oh, and two half-eaten pouches from last week. It’s structured in a way that I can run around with it unzippedbyaccident and nothing falls out. It was part of their custom line so you could pick out colors, zippers, liners, and everything.

Sadly, they don’t offer it anymore or I would be mailing you one right now. Bellroy and Dagne Dover make somewhat similar options.

4 Likes

The Bellroy one looks great! And I had a Timbuktu bag that was gorgeous years ago, so I am sure yours is perfect.

2 Likes

This is the closest one could find in the 5 op shops. I’ll try again in a few weeks. I definitely know that mug and have seen it before.

9 Likes

But did you buy the angel hailing a taxi??

3 Likes

No but I regret not buying this tiny bath tub the other week.

9 Likes