May Challenge - “May the Force Be with You”

In my world - May has 4 weeks. Since May 1 was a Friday - I am tacking it on to this week as part of week 1.

Today I made myself a tracking chart and actually got started. Though I need to add the meditation goal to my chart.

5 Likes

Yoga on 4th, 5th and about to do a session now on 6th.
Meditated - albiet with shocking monkey mind - on 1st, 4th, 5th.

3 Likes

Only on Day 6 of declutter challenge and already struggling to find things. Guess the first few days get the easy stuff out of the way and then you have to start being more intentional. Must find 6 things to declutter today…

3 Likes

Remembering to stretch every day is easy. I have been forgetting to record what I’m doing each day on my PhD, so I’ve set up my spreadsheet and added a couple of items I know I did.

3 Likes

Went for a walk today (it was lovely outside!) but no yoga. I’m apparently a “one or the other” do-er now.

3 Likes

Monday I moved Ophelia’s cat tree out of my office (I’m trying to make it look less like a room that is missing its kitty). Tuesday I put up the shelves and moved some of my yarn from plastic bags on the floor to actual shelves.

Nothing yet today, but I hope to vacuum a bit and bring the file boxes up into my office.

10 Likes

No burpees Monday. Monday was an off day all around. Also I’m going to adjust my goal to 50 per day instead of 100 since that feels more achievable.

5/1 50
5/4 0
5/5 40? At least 40.
5/6 20 so far

3 Likes

Didn’t really do enough outside to count yesterday- too much work. But then it rained in the afternoon so maybe it doesn’t count as a failure?
Husband reminded me about my hiking boots, which will be easier in my back.

2 Likes

Vacuumed. So if I get nothing else done today, it’s OK. :+1:t2:

5 Likes

I finally successfully lazed around this morning and petted the cat for a while. She was pleased.

5 Likes

Week 1 of May: I ran two miles today and then a mile of alternating running and walking.

2 Likes

Thank you for posting because it made this thread pop up and remind me I needed to do 20 more burpees. Goal met for the day!

2 Likes

I made goals and didn’t post them. But I’ve been doing my things!

I need to get back into a movement routine, so:

• practice yoga a minimum of 2x week
  • at least 3x week (30 minute minimum) walking, biking, or kayaking
  • do some weeding in the garden every day it doesn’t rain

So far:
May 1 - 35 min walk (2.2 miles), pulled a few weeds in back
May 2 - lots of weeding in front yard
May 3 - walked behind the lawn mower - 43 minutes, light weeding
May 4 - walk 67 min (2.8 miles), pulled a few weeds
May 5 - yoga, weeded/mulched parking strip
May 6 - walk 80 min (4 miles), very light weeding

Clearly, tomorrow needs to be a yoga day.

5 Likes

Alright, I have to step things up now. I’m on Week 4 of The Science of Well-Being (free class from Yale on Coursera) and this week’s homework consists of doing some form of exercise for 30 minutes a day as well as get at least 7 hours of sleep for 4 nights (not necessarily in a row).

3 Likes

I didn’t meditate yesterday (6th). My excuse was that I was exhausted from mowing our ridiculously huge lawn for the first time in my long life (just to prove to Mr LazyCow that I could, and will never do so again).

5 Likes

Mowing could be considered moving meditation (not sure that is the correct term).

4 Likes

I HAVE FILED A PAPER.

Actually like 4. It is a beginning.

7 Likes

Doing well so far! Have kept up with my active-passive hangs and mace 360s. Yesterday evening took an online mace class. Have done 2 City Fit Girls workouts so far this week and plan to do today’s this afternoon, and one on Saturday morning as well. I’ve already hit my mileage goal for running this week, but will also run my commute tomorrow and Saturday (another 6 miles total). I did a 9 mile trail run Tuesday and my ankle has felt pretty good.

I’m a couple days behind in Ulysses reading, but today is my day off so my afternoon plan is basically reading and working out.

2 Likes
  • 6.5 hours of sleep, getting there.
  • 30 minutes of yoga this morning (so much leg stretching! And IT band!), planning for a walk this afternoon as it is gorgeous outside today.
  • Recorded sleep, exercise and gratitude in rewire app.
  • Reading in between work calls this morning.
3 Likes

I walked around our tiny backyard last night because I couldn’t bring myself to dress properly for a walk around the neighborhood. I added in some stepping up and down from the bottom step to our house. Stepping up one step and stepping down (backwards) seems easier on my knees than walking down stairs, so I think I’m going to add this to my routine.

4 Likes