Love is Blind Japan

Summary

I think he deliberately misrepresented as a guy with his life together, hoping that whoever he was with would just look past the massive lies. He has no plan, no real concept of business, just vague wishes. Priya is amazing and can do so much better

4 Likes

Is your dress idol Ayano?

2 Likes

Yes! She may be completely bonkers but she’s got a fashion sense.

2 Likes

Haha, I knew it, you love a big sleeve!

1 Like

I totally agree!!!

1 Like
Summary

She was wayyyy too good for him. I think you’re right and he thought she just wouldn’t push for answers or something. I was so impressed when she straight up asked about the business arrangement. I think him not being able to answer basics about the wood ear mushroom business is what tipped her off. Smart girl.

2 Likes

Stupid thought, but they keep showing the overhead of the pods. So all I can think when they send gifts and letters is about the random staffer standing in there to move it over :joy: cuz there’s a decently large gap in there!

5 Likes

So many baseball metaphors.

3 Likes

That’s hilarious and probably accurate. I hadn’t even though of that :laughing:

2 Likes

I swear to god my guess rate on if someone is going to propose or break up is like 15% :joy:

4 Likes
Spoiler for the whole show, watch all of it first!

Yayyy! Ryotaro and Motomi stayed together. I knew it!!! Yay yay yay! They’re what dh and I call “real married” even though they aren’t legally married yet. Like you could tell so fast they were a true match. We are so alike to them, like I’m like her and dh is like him, even down to him being super alternative looking and her coming from a conservative background! Their conversations even felt reminiscent, and their energy together for sure. It was kind of awkward watching them next to Wataru and Midori at the reunion because Wataru and Midori were clearly so much less in sync, more like normal married.

I wish Wataru and Midori the best too though! I think they can stay together if they want to, especially if they really want a family, but I think it will be more like a “working” marriage. Of course lots of people have relationships like that and choose to stay in them, and they seem like the right types for that arrangement, not very emotional, very business-like, etc, but I just wonder if their dynamic could survive if she ever meets someone she naturally clicks with and is physically attracted to off the bat. Wataru is very patient though! Like, he is the right type to be with her, I just hope he doesn’t lose himself. He’s had to take a lot of criticism already and she isn’t shy about doling it out. But maybe it doesn’t bother him?

3 Likes
episode five

ohhh I feel so bad for Sho (?) and I don’t trust Shuntaro! I don’t get what Ayano sees in him at all???

My guess rate for who’s going to end up with who is totally abysmal.

Misaki and Kaoru feel like they have good chemistry. her acceptance felt so tentative but also so honest! I hope it goes well for them.

all of the women are making me want more fancy dresses. :laughing:

I want to know who’s putting together and choosing all of the over the top bouquets versus the single flowers!

Odacchi remains one of my favorites, he’s so sweet to the other guys.

okay getaway time!

“that’s the first time I’ve heard the strider-tadpole-frog line!” lol. awkward cuties.

omg ryotaro not mentioning the tattoos is a huge deal!

“I get super excited about potatoes!” omg I love her.

yudai with the puns. love it.

okay I’m warming up to Shuntaro, he seems like he’s relaxing.

okay the double date is so silly. misaki! you’re a goofball!

what’s pri’s date’s name? mizuki? the whole “I pick the most expensive one!” was horrible! and wow the way pri’s face froze. I felt so bad for her but I’m glad that gave her pause…

2 Likes

I also keep thinking about this! What a funny gig to have.

lol I feel this too.

I’m so glad I started watching this, it’s the exact right level of feelings for me right now.

2 Likes
more ep 5 thoughts after watching the next episode blurb

okay also I’m very worried about Kaoru being mean to Misaki!!! it feels like he might be an airhead but also you don’t have to be mean about it!

I’m very worried for all of them honestly lol.

the pods portion of the show was very cute and butterflies and now I’m like no I’m not ready for this to become sad!

1 Like
ep6

ODACCHI STOP BEING A BUTT
YUDAI WHY ARE YOU A BUTT

oh I’m so mad at these boys!!!

meanwhile mori and motomi (?) are my new OTP.

1 Like

ep 7

Summary

“da…i…jou…bu?” about the wood ear mushrooms had me cracking up. he just comes across as so dumb. what is going on there.

2 Likes

It gets so worse

1 Like

I’m worried! :scream::scream:

3 Likes
Episode 3

OMG Wataru and Midori’s business meeting to determine whether they have the same idea of marriage is so nerdy and utterly adorable. I ship them.

4 Likes
ep9

I am so garbage at guessing who will stay together!

I was so sad about Mori and Minami. I definitely read her as autistic but maybe that’s too much project on my part lol! It seemed like they could have hit it off if they had avoided the 4am intense anxiety conversations from day 1.

Okay WHAT THE FUCK MIZUKI. Pri deserved so much better. I was gobsmacked by the “oh yeah I am…just an employee” but that wasn’t even the only horrible part. Where Pri was like “okay but can you make ME happy” and he responded with more things about his own feelings - utter garbage. Or the thing where he totally will want his wife to quit her job to support his dream lifestyle but won’t say it. Argh!!!

Kaoru and Misaki - okay, first of all, not knowing her last name: bizarre. The edit showed her being kind of mean to him with her friends but not as bad as I feared. BUT THEN his whole reaction to her story about her dad was entirely garbage. Like he has no empathy or even curiosity about her experience! I thought her reply to him was so on point.

Ayano is weird but Shuntaro is also kind of a mess. He keeps inventing tests for her and then silently stewing over it when she fails them. USE YOUR WORDS MY DUDE.

Midori’s mom is fucking great and I love her.

5 Likes