Love is Blind Japan

Noooooo

Ep. 6

What on earth is going on with the comedian and the ballet dancer?! He’s totally changed his personality!!!

2 Likes
ep 6

Right?? It was actually so creepy and sad. But when he’s with the guys he’s SO himself again? I was so mad. Oddachi you could have had happiness!!

3 Likes
Ep. 6

Exactly! Like if he is the type that needs a lot of silent down time then that’s ok, but he needs to verbally convey that. It’s kind of scary to just go silent the way he does.

2 Likes
Summary

Yeah I don’t know if it was the editing but there was almost no warmth towards her after? Also, like, she for sure should have said something too. But idk. What a mess.

2 Likes
ep 3

Oh no. I would hand write a slide show on a dating show probably. :joy:

5 Likes
Ep 3, continued

Oooh that little breakup chat :weary: so sad but super mature of him. But omg the people are so supportive of each other.

5 Likes

Oh and as far as mechanics- yes some people are unpaired. Assuming it follows the same as the US show, everyone meets everyone for short sessions at first. Then you can eliminate people as you go. And you keep going back for more dates with the people you haven’t eliminated. Is my understanding!

2 Likes
Ep.6

Nooo, I can’t believe ballerina and comedian broke up! I think they could have worked through it considering how he responded to her bringing up the issue. Like, he seemed so remorseful and willing to talk about what he needed to do to change! I think it was just too triggering for her.

Man, these shows really drive home how lucky I am. I can’t imagine dating for so long and still looking. I keep thinking, if you start dating at like 14…and so many of these people are well into their thirties…whew. That’s so much dating. And it must be so much harder to get together when you’re older and more set in your ways. Getting together young is easy in a way, because you have no habits yet.

Like, even though we laugh at the people on these shows a bit, it really does convey how desperately people want romantic love and how lonely they must feel to go to such lengths to find it. <3 I feel for them.

6 Likes

Oh I remembered something. I think part of why I left off of the Brazil one is there kept being weird parts where I’m like… something must have been lost in translation there. I haven’t had that at all with the Japan one. Better translation on this one?

4 Likes
ep 6

I was SO sad about it. I mean, I guess I can see that she was scared off and didn’t want to start a new relationship on rocky ground after how hard her divorce was. But she was so sweet.

I wonder! Because you also have so much growing to do and no promises that you’ll grow in ways that are always the easiest to reconcile!

1 Like

Oh I was going to give that one a shot! Sorry to hear it’s not as good.

2 Likes
Ep. 6

It’s true, you have to grow up a lot more when you get together young and you can change so much, but you have so much opportunity to learn from each other too. And I think if it’s true love that kind of change doesn’t matter in the big picture, even if it’s extreme it’s like you can’t help but need to be with each other. We’ve definitely had a lot of that!

It was so disappointing that they broke up! I think there are some other good couples left. Motomo and Ryotaro seem really good together! They remind me of dh and I, because we were both so different than who we had dated previously, but it just worked! Minami and Mori are really cute too!

I like the older guy, I think he’s really handsome actually and so sweet, but I think the age difference will be the killer. The basketball coach and the songwriter don’t seem like a match to me, IDK why. Priya and Mizuki seem good but I was surprised how seriously she took him ordering expensive wine…I could see them imploding fast but I hope not. I don’t think Midori is attracted to her match at all, that’s going to be a problem.

2 Likes

I love her earrings.

4 Likes

I think my overall favorite thing is the stuff that goes over my head because I don’t understand the reference point. Like, “you’re such a Minato guy for having a glass bathroom” or when that couple was laughing because the guy teased her about sounding like she was “San Franciscan” and the girl was like, “haha, I’d never be San Franciscan! Aren’t girls like that the worst?!” and they both laughed and agreed. I love stuff like that.

6 Likes

Guess what we just started?

6 Likes

Welcome to the fold.

4 Likes

Yes!! Or traditional Kyushu man!

But i know what they mean by San Franciscan and it’s the worst

My coworkers and I would joke - someone who is a health optimizer and loves hiking and biking and dogs and tech and flow yoga in lulu lemon

(And yes I know I fall into these categories haha - it’s just the stereotype not the actual activities or people!)

7 Likes

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaa

2 Likes

Right? I got the vibe it was similar to a douchey Wall Street guy? Maybe?

Ep. 9

WTF! I’m so pissed on behalf of Priya! That guy totally 100% lied to her! he said he was a restauranteur and owned a restaurant and in reality he manages a restaurant that he doesn’t even own?! And he didn’t seem to get at all what a huge deal that was.

7 Likes

Omg that was the BIGGEST CATFISH MOMENT I was APPALLED

2 Likes