It's Nice Out Here

We made it out for a nice 45 min walk! Woohoo!!! Now Naptime for Puglet and I need to get back to work.

3 Likes

I went out for a walk and on the way back I came across Mr. Meer and Kiddo on their way over to a dry retention pond area with a kite. Kiddo was riding his newly-converted pushbike. He’s definitely not ready for taking off on two wheels yet, but he was making a good effort.

3 Likes

I think that I managed about half an hour if shoveling (front porch and reached the driveway) before the toddler was too cold and had to come in. There was sunshine!

2 Likes

Ummm that sounds like ultimate success to me

1 Like

It is NOT nice out there. Minimums for the next few days are 23C and above; maximums are 38C+. Outside time is limited to evening and early morning. Air conditioner is running nonstop.

3 Likes

They pick the cutest possible ways to delay sleep sometimes :joy: my other favorite is when she needs to kiss the dog, then bring the dog some stuffed animals, then “feed” the dog, then tuck the dog in with a blanket, etc

3 Likes

That’s gross, I’m sorry. That weather is when I want to channel my inner Victorian lady and retreat to our summer home at the sea shore.

2 Likes

I tried that over Christmas and my summer home has no aircon :sob:** mum and dad have promised to fix this for me. Maybe I take kids for early morning/ evening swim at Gpa’s place (FIL).

**It was 4C cooler, but when the temp was 44C in the city, that is still 40C. Also, no actual crying because that fluid is precious.

2 Likes

Ah, we missed the fine print.

• summer home efficacy may vary by region. Please consult your psychiatrist via fainting couch for terms and conditions.
4 Likes

:laughing: love this.

3 Likes

I did not get the wiggler outside but my mom did! They went to the playground and he ran around a lot!

3 Likes

Made it out for another short walk. The wind is brutal!!

Total outside time this year = 1.25 hours

I can’t wait for some warmer weather so we can hit the park and some longer walks/hikes

4 Likes

Walking distance from my house! Sat around on my butt most of the day and now have over 7k steps.

@PDM A local swamp. A home owners association maintained one at that! I wonder if any gators that take up residence have to pay monthly dues.

6 Likes

Hey, the HOA maintained swamp (ahem, we like to call them “wetlands” here :joy:) is one of our main outdoor time areas too. We go often to look at how high the water is, if there is any, etc. Excellent easy goal for toddler engagement over here. Some days. You know, for relative values of easy.

3 Likes

A wetland is just a swamp with good PR.

5 Likes

I was informed that the woods were too pokey. He ended up with something in his boot twice, although the first time might have been residual playground dirt/mulch bits. Also, to be fair, they probably haven’t cut that trail back in a year so it was narrow going a few times.

3 Likes

You do have a stabbier landscape than we do. Our grass is soft. Unless it’s from like. Florida. I don’t know why your grass likes to stab you so much.

2 Likes

7 Likes

We live THAT far from the city. As seen on our morning carrier nap walk. 8am. It was nudging 30 degrees C by 10am.

7 Likes

Sorry about the heat. We ended up with 6 days in a row above 40C, I hope it’s less for you.

3 Likes