It's Nice Out Here

Another day outside! It feels good. I like posting here for encouragement but also because it’s so nice to sit and contemplate just how restorative it is. Hoping the act of appreciating it will remind my brain that it is good for me, not a chore. We got about 30-40 minutes in and also no peed pants! Good job Meowlet.

6 Likes

Yay outside! We haven’t spent more than a few minutes outside today but have plans for a family walk in a nice neighborhood tomorrow :grin:

2 Likes

Today is amazing and cool and I had my breakfast outside while Pumpkin played in her outdoor pen. Duckling ate his breakfast in front of the TV.

1 Like

Good modelling! Duckling will come around! At least I hope so based on the # of times I have to drag Meowlet out into the open air.

2 Likes

We did a trial soccer class (20 min, outdoors, free), and it was hilarious. Out of the maybe 6 toddlers there, two were (mostly) following the activity, one was crying, and the others were doing their own thing.

Mine was distracted by every truck or colorful car driving by, and wanted to hold onto the ball rather than kicking it. When the coach brought out the cones, several kids (including mine) started picking them up because cones are fun!

While this was adorable, I’m not signing up for the session because I don’t need $25/half hour class for my toddler to run around holding a ball.

5 Likes

Amazing (relatively) weather. Blew bubbles at the park this morning. Played iSpy at another park this afternoon. Latte is Avery good guesser. When it’s her turn she likes to say things like “I spy grass!” It’s hilarious.

5 Likes

9 Likes

9 Likes

45 minutes outside mostly on a walk bundled in the stroller (6 degrees F) followed by 15 minutes of rage screaming about not wanting to be outside…or inside…or take stuff off…or leave it on. She did bring me Aquaphor to put on her cheeks after she calmed down and had a snack, which was adorable!

5 Likes

Where do you live? 6F :cold_face:!

We did get out in the snow today! It is slush now. But it was still good to be out.

1 Like

Upper midwest. And it kind of felt like a heat wave after the last few days.

4 Likes

An hour and 15 min of our 2 hours outside today was wrapped in blankets on the back patio reading. It was lovely. It’s amazing what you can do when it’s not pissing rain on you. And your toddler decided to have a still moment.

8 Likes

Thankfully the weather is really nice today because I’m on my own with kid who’s molars are coming in and everything is terrible lol. My coffee was made about two hours later than I hoped but we walked around the condo for a good hour exploring while I enjoyed some caffeine.

6 Likes

We went out to the coffee shop today. It was too cold. But we got outside!

5 Likes

We tried to read outside, but were thwarted after 10 min by the neighbors yard crew and their Mega Leafblower. But then we went for a family picnic at a nearby school playground and it was lovely. (She’s been obsessed with the idea of a picnic since she saw Daniel Tiger do a picnic). We even got some sunshine. We’re rocking well above our time outside goal for January so far, I didn’t expect the good weather this week. It’s been awesome.

5 Likes

Do I count this as a win? Latte used “I wanna go out, read! Books!” As a bedtime stalling tactic :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

I can not handle this cold :cold_face: it was 1 degree out yesterday! Just 1 friggin degree. We’ve yet to make it outside at all this year between the weather and Puglet being sick. :tired_face: it’s supposed to be warmer tomorrow but raining.

4 Likes

The temperature did not end up being as high as predicted and there was more wind than expected, but coffee shop walk accomplished with a few minutes inside to warm up and have a muffin for a snack. Thankfully coffee shop is on the same street, so it was a straight shot up and back perpendicular to the wind.

5 Likes

My kid went out yesterday as it was warming up. I didn’t.

Today we will both go out lots because it is still snowing and therefore warm, plus snow is free childhood entertainment. Plus I have patients this week so we need to shovel like adults as opposed to students

3 Likes

It looks like the rain is going to let up this afternoon so I plan on doing a walk with Puglet.

3 Likes