It's Nice Out Here

We got free tickets to a local lighted garden (Descanso Enchanted) last night. Toddler was so excited and ran around frantically and we were so tired trying to corral him, but mostly a victory?

Then I think he was overtired and woke up in the middle of the night. Fail.

4 Likes

Nice! I was hoping to make it there or to the Arboretum light show but it didnā€™t happen this yearā€¦ hopefully next year!

2 Likes

Got out for a 30 min walk today, in spite of 37F and raining hard. No frigid Hand sobs today, so thatā€™s a victory. A hard won hour so far this year.

5 Likes

Iā€™m tired and my kid is naked for potty training. I am not bringing him anywhere and am too grumpy and cold to go out today (27F, foggy, gross). So there.

6 Likes

We have an outside potty that was invaluable during potty training*. But that was in August, and we have three potties for some reason.

We went outside and played in the snow today! It was less difficult than I feared, but D did the hard parts (finding and applying snow gear).

*the intensive part, I guess? Because potty training is definitely not over. Poop in the potty, child.

5 Likes

I went for a walk without any of the people in my house because I was going to explode. Itā€™s nice out here. By myself.

8 Likes

My elder child refused to leave the house today. Younger enthusiastically bounced around her outdoor pen.

3 Likes

Latte said ā€œout!ā€ This morning so I harnessed the moment. Went puddle splashing in vastly inappropriate clothes, but there was a jacket and it is 40F and no wind for once. We got 30 min out there throwing rocks into puddles. Some crying over a flooded shoe, but all was well.

Husband is home so during her nap, I walked across the neighborhood for a buy nothing pickup. Extra rainy now so it was kinda gross, but good to get out and move.

5 Likes

No outdoors today.

Just poop everywhere. And tantrums.

4 Likes

I opened the door for my cat once. And my dad visited with the door open. It smelled fresh

5 Likes

We played in the snow today!! It was great

3 Likes

Cheekiness aside, we got 2hr15 min outside at the zoo today :raised_hands:t2:

6 Likes

For real 15 minutes

4 Likes

My kid insisted on stroller walks today. We went on one (to the outdoor coffee Hut) and the nanny took her on two! She must be tired today because normally she wants to be go go go (On her feet)

4 Likes

This is us today but exchange snow for hot sunny day. We took an hour getting ready, got to farmers market, immediately weā€™re all cranky from the heat. We grabbed some fresh berries and went straight back to the car. Maybe 20 minutes?

4 Likes

Do you guys have the sunscreen sticks there? I will sing the praises of those to the rafters. So much easier to get that onto Latteā€™s face in a liquid sunscreen is. In case that was part of the get ready timeframe, that always has a time sink for us. A face stick and a SPF sun suit so I donā€™t have to sunscreen her body was the ticket to getting out the door quickly this summer.

3 Likes

Weā€™ve managed a whole hour-ish over the past week, and all of that was during snow shoveling. About half also involved crying. What Iā€™d give for a nice 20F day.

4 Likes

Right? Sunscreen sticks used to seem like an obscene waste of money. Now in the summer idgaf if I pay $18/week for that magic stick. Also it fits in bags.

Today I went outside! Longest walk in a week! Down the driveway to the truck. Up the driveway to the house! (Our driveway is one truck length in case anyone is exaggerating in their head). I was outvoted by the person who would have had to carry me home when I suggested checking the mail

5 Likes

I think by the end of summer I had 8 of those squirreled away in various places :joy: 100% worth it.

Woooohooo!

2 Likes

We have yet to spend any time outdoors this year. Itā€™s been rainy and cold. Iā€™m hoping Puglet feels better tomorrow (heā€™s picked up something from daycare Thursday) itā€™s going to be high 30f so maybe we can get out there to play in the snow and maybe a stroller walk if sidewalks have been shoveled.

Iā€™m hoping to get better at tracking our outside time. Stretch goal is 1,000 hours for the year. Will be happy to get in 500 hours.

2 Likes