Indian Matchmaking Season 2

Im so delighted I found new Allhat Reacts. This is great.

5 Likes

I guess i forgot season one

2 Likes

Haha I should alert other people! :laughing: I’m going to keep going bc I need distraction tonight.

2 Likes
Season 2, Episode 2, AllHat is in the Marriage Business Now

Akshay is meeting Devika who is willing to move to his town. Sima says the business is getting harder because her clients have a lot more wants. I don’t think this match will work bc I doubt he finds her attractive. She is unimpressed by his drink order and his rambling about EQ and bill gates, and literally talking over her. She designs clothes and seems chill. he seems terrible. He is already talking about his mom. They both agree their generation is spoiled. He says he’s mindful of the environment and she roasts him for using a straw! HAH! I kind of love it. She makes him promise to plant trees. He compliments her outfit. He describes her to the camera as “not too bad” which swoon, am I right ladies? LOL, yep he says friendly vibes but not romantic. I do not think she will be heartbroken.

Nadia is with her friends and they are girl talking and eating Chinese takeout and I’m shaking with jealousy. She’s talking about how she made out with Vishal and how he called her and they talked until 4:30 am. and he called her the next day too. But he’s only 26 and she’s older than that (I don’t remember how old). Then they all say Jonas and Priyanka (sp?) and squeal IDK what that means but it’s obviously a pop culture reference (I’m assuming) to an age gap couple. Now they’re talking about Shekar, she says she doesn’t think he’s into her. She says he’s kind of flirtatious but she doesn’t get the “I want you” vibe. She says he’s in the friend zone. I don’t think he knows that, lol. And now Vishal is at the door with flowers and chocolate. Damn, he’s handsome. Poor Shekar.

To be probably not continued bc arms are going out now too. BOOOOO. :frowning: At least I have something to watch.

8 Likes

I’m so glad this thread exists! I just started watching the second season this weekend!

I honestly didn’t think Akshay was too bad before this, but during this date I was like…oh, here is our answer to why he is not married. He doesn’t know how to have a normal conversation, and came across so badly in this date. Pretty sure Devika will not be upset to be “friend zoned”

5 Likes

LOL yeah I think somehow she will pull through :laughing:

2 Likes

@Meowmalade

Spoilers on episode 3, season 2

Wow!!! What a quick turnaround with Nadia! The dating world has doled out her justice swiftly. She basically ditches Shekar who was lovely and sweet for the first hot guy she sees because Shekar wasn’t super manly and didn’t give her a spark. Her new beau then turns around and breaks up with her because HE doesn’t feel a spark. Bahaha!

Like I cannot believe she didn’t see that coming? When she asked him if her age was a problem for him with settling down soon and kids he was like “-shrug- nope” which…is not the answer of a guy who is thinking about fertility and timelines in a serious way, lol. Yet she is apparently shocked by this turn of events.

It makes me wonder how many times she has done this, like had a good guy on the hook and thrown him back for an obvious going nowhere serious dude. And then she wants us to feel bad for her bc she always has this happen? Like if all the guys you are super into ditch you…maybe you aren’t going for the right kind of guy? And also like two other guys WERE interested and you ditched them. You are not a victim sweet pea, lol. I kind of wonder if she’s a big drinker too. That might make a lot of it make some sense.

5 Likes
Nadia

After Vinay shared his side of the story she didn’t even deny it. She is so manipulative, did you see during the breakup video chat how she tried to blame Shekar for things fizzling out? He said he asked her very clearly what she wanted before she came to Chicago, and she said just friends so obviously he was too classy to make a move on her! And they were talking every day and meeting each other’s families.

She just wants to be portrayed as the victim but she is just awful. And breaking up with Shekar while she’s on a date with the new guy? That was so shitty. She totally deserved what she got!

4 Likes
Nadia

YES. She was so manipulative in that conversation. Also it’s pretty classless to make out with another guy right in front of the guy who was obviously her date for the night. I felt really bad for Shekar. He seemed like a catch to me, and he put in a lot of effort. Once I saw that I was like, oh I 100% believe Vinay now.

4 Likes

They apparently did a “pre-engagement” ceremony but didn’t get married. None of the couples in Season 1 worked out, which doesn’t look good for Sima Auntie!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/indian-matchmaking-season-1-couples-still-together-netflix-1732513%3Famp=1

2 Likes
Shekar

He seems so sweet and genuine! Maybe he’ll get a lot of interest after being on the show!

He dodged a bullet though!!

3 Likes
Akshay (Season 2)

Mumbai is a big city and no one who loves the city and partying would want to move to the boonies and… run a chicken farm?? Especially when he’s hanging out with all his friends and they’re like “he needs a girl who is ready to PARTY!!!”. Uh, not compatible with moving to Nashik :joy:

Also OMG I just realized you’re going to meet Viral soon. Can’t wait for AllHat live react!!

3 Likes

Nick Jonas (singer from Jonas Brothers) and Priyanka Chopra (gorgeous actress/model). I learned from the show that she’s 11 years older. They’re married and I think recently had a baby? Sima does not approve of them :joy:

3 Likes

I thought it was hilarious that Sima didn’t approve of Nick and Priyanka.

4 Likes

Haha, I must have missed that part! I have met Viral :laughing: she’s a piece of work. I don’t think her money is scaring men away so much as her weird vibe. She seems to think marriage is like, another achievement she can goal set and achieve? I’m not convinced she wants to be married in general. I think she likes the hypothetical idea of a mate who like, doesn’t need anything or require any changes of her but also brings a lot of value and provides her with married woman status?

Like, isn’t part of the point of a matchmaker that she can sense what you need when your own dating method hasn’t worked? Sometimes what you need isn’t even on your dumb list and she’s so sure the list is still correct, but the guys are just all wrong! But then I’ve always felt like a lot of dating criteria people use is superficial, like on dating sites, etc. And I mean, looks do matter a lot, so if you’re not attracted you’re not, but I can’t believe that she would literally not meet a guy who is like, 1-2 inches shorter than her cutoff? I think she would be pretty offended by the same appearance standard being applied to her, lol. Like you want someone who doesn’t care you’re 30+, right? And who is not traditional about gender roles, but in touch with traditional culture and fluent in your native language, and allllll this other stuff- but you won’t give an inch leeway in height?! Marriage…might not be fun for you, lol.

5 Likes

I’m very amused by how they all get mad when auntie says they can have 70% of their list out of a match. “That’s a C”, “that isn’t compromise, it’s settling”, etc.
It comes through very clearly to me that none of these people have ever been told no or failed at something.

6 Likes

Right?! And they never consider that they might not care about not getting everything on their silly list if they actually got to know the person, lol. If I’d had to match DH with dating site style questions I don’t think we would have ever been matched up. I never dated anyone with tattoos before, so if a Y/N tattoo question had been on it I’d have voted N instinctively. I’m sure I would have said Y to college degree because, why not? I vaguely imagined my future spouse would be super extroverted with a big family- dh is introverted and an only child. I figured he’d be a lifelong athlete, and he is super into fitness now but wasn’t for like the first 10 years of our marriage. I love to dance and he…can technically move his body to music. I would have said I liked fine dining and ballet and he would have noped out hard on both, I love jazz and at the time he hated it, cooking was/is a huge hobby and when we first met he literally are like, raw cold veggie dogs with no bun, I was super messy and he is incredibly neat, etc.

We wouldn’t have even considered a date, and literally none of that stuff matters! We match in bigger stuff that is less readily changeable but I don’t think you can match those things on a chart- it has to be IRL over a lot of time. I think these people think you stay totally stagnant throughout your life. Like, you can start out not liking something or not having an interest and then develop it! I’m super tidy now and dh loves jazz and fine dining and I think tattoos are hot. Like…people do change, haha, that’s precisely why I think choosing a life partner based on things like “omg we both like craft beer and star wars” is…not a good plan.

6 Likes

This show is weird because it’s like a fusion of old style arranged marriage but in a modern dating world. So instead of the parents coming up with the criteria and making the matches and being like “love comes later and you will need to compromise and adjust to each other because marriage is sacred and you’re stuck together for life”, they’re leaving it up to the kids who have all these ideas about what they want as well as Western ideas of romance and passion (and the possibility of divorce, at least here). Plus, it’s TV so they’ve specially selected the most unrealistic and rigid people for us to watch. I think for a lot of these people instead of demanding all their criteria on Match.com they’re handing it to Sima :joy:

5 Likes

Yes! I can’t get over Vinesh being like: I want an ambitious athletic career woman but she should also be really traditional and super hot and make me pakoras.

ETA: Ok new best line. Shital’s bff has a nickname for her, which she refers to her as on the show: Shitty. :laughing: dying. Also tho she is giving her really good advice.

ETA2: Vinesh is really grinding my gears. He’s discounting a girl he just met with his entire family because he didn’t see her as a sexual partner. Like bro she was in front of your whole family…I mean how alluring could she possibly be? LMAO.

4 Likes

We haven’t gotten to Vinesh yet! Maybe tomorrow :slight_smile:

1 Like