Indian Matchmaking Season 2

OMG and just like that she comes out with another total gem. I fucking love this girl, sorry for spamming the thread but she just said this exact sentence: “I was in Patagonia and I was climbing a mountain and I thought: this is the worst thing that’s happened to me in a while.”

She’s like a master of rich people problems but always in snappy quotation form.

9 Likes

This is amazing, and Viral is no Aparna, she’s just not obliviously funny enough. But she does think very highly of herself!

Not really a spoiler: Viral is all about “testing” the guy and she’s not into him. I think it’s more than likely that he was not into her as well!

3 Likes

Oh oh oh idea! Aparna should start a mean rich person version of fortune cookies. It could all be stuff like: “Cashmere is ok if you’re too poor to buy something nice,” or “Per se? More like passé.” or “I only fly Emirates if I have to.”

5 Likes

Please keep posting the best Aparna quotes!!!

2 Likes

Oh I will, haha.

2 Likes

“I don’t hate him, and that’s a big deal though. I want to be clear that it’s a big deal that I don’t hate someone after a first date.” -Aparna

7 Likes

The only way in which she reminds me of her is the kind of…low self-esteem? Maybe? Like all she can say about who she wants is “nice, family oriented, etc.” and other bare minimum things. And she doesn’t seem to ask enough questions when a guy doesn’t deliver- plus wayyyyy too impressed by minor things IMO. Like in the first season she seems to fall super fast at just…a guy saying he wants to travel to the country she has family in, or liking similar things, etc.

1 Like

I think Nadia is shallow and selfish. She doesn’t remind me of Deepti at all!

1 Like

Oh I didn’t get that vibe from her at all! Is she in season 2 also? I’m still in season 1.

1 Like

Finish Season 1 and then read the spoiler in my first post! In Season 2 she behaves badly onscreen.

1 Like

Ah ok I will :slight_smile: and for you another Aparna :

“Am I really demanding? Like, I don’t find I am. I find I’m perfectly reasonable in the things I’m looking for.”

Then her mom is like, maybe being too demanding is something for you to look at and work on? All hopeful in the eyes. And Aparna just shakes her head and goes, “no.”

Hahahaha. Like how the hell do her bosses do reviews of her? It must be like, “So Aparna we think you could work on communication,” and she’s like, “No. My communication is perfect.” Also her yelp must be fucking LIT…I wonder what the most stars she’s ever given something is. I hope it’s of a Michelin restaurant, single star, and just two sentences: “Not bad. I didn’t vomit.”

6 Likes

So I don’t keep spamming the thread.

Random reacts to Season 1

Poor short ladies, lol. All the guys want 5’3" or taller! And I know it’s historically based in shortness being associated with malnutrition and low class…but damn! It’s funny to me as a westerner because men caring about women’s height isn’t a thing here unless it’s in the other direction (too tall) but being really short is like, prized even for tall guys. I read that height minimums are also a thing for getting jobs in a lot of areas of China. They don’t want people who are under like 5’4", even for office work, because it confers low class and also they’re allowed to discriminate so they put it right out on the table.

In other news Akshay’s mom still scares the ever-loving shit out of me. Good luck future daughter in law. I hope the stunning jewels make it worth it, because if the son looks as shell shocked as he does… who the hell knows what you’re in for.

Aparna seems more positive! She seems like she’s actually trying. And one guy thought she was intriguing and seemed kind of into her! He was like, “she knows exactly what she wants!” and sounded happy and I was thinking, “yeah dude if you like that she might be THE ONE FOR YOU,” haha. I don’t think you’d have to do any guessing with her.

I forgot about Ankita!!! I love her. She’s such a badass for being an outspoken feminist (and excellent swearer) in that climate. Also she said her ideal man looks like David Beckham meets Abhay Deol which like…I feel. And her dad describes her as “ahead of her times” but also points out, “but she’s not wrong” :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

@AllHat omg Aparna wrote a book!! Only available as an audiobook from my library :sob:

3 Likes

OMG. I hope she reads the audiobook herself.

3 Likes

Akshay’s mom was the absolute worst! I hope her appearance scared off everyone!

3 Likes

My library didn’t have it on overdrive/libby; but hoopla had the audiobook!

7 Likes

Ok my new favorite quote of season 1 might be Ankita’s friend saying, “Correct me if I’m wrong, but your Instagram has changed.” Fucking. Gold.

Also does anyone know how to turn off the autocorrect here? It’s always trying to make words more English which is annoying (Ankita= Anita, and it happens all the time with food words).

4 Likes

I’m wondering if poor Akshay is unmarriageable after this show. His mom was terrifying!!

2 Likes

@Meowmalade

Nadia Season 1 only

Weird! I just read his take and it’s like the exact opposite. IDK if I believe him based on the interview I read but I see you have a second spoiler so I’m thinking this is a pattern! INTRIGUE. I wonder why she does this if she does, just attention? Or do you think maybe there is so much pressure to marry and she doesn’t want to, but she’s pretty and likable so the only way to avoid it is to continually have “bad dates” and “jerks” who ghost?

Also doesn’t Akshay get married?! He said yes and they did the whole gift ceremony. Maybe you mean it fell through?

3 Likes
Season 2, Episode 1 Live React bc why not

Right out the gate we have what appears to be the Indian version of an LA douchebag. He says, “I’m a fighter, inside and outside. 9.5 out of 10, I am the world’s most eligible bachelor right now. My mom thinks that I’m quite eligible.” I feel like that’s about as close to a nature warning sign in the human world as possible, like those neon frogs that are filled with poison. Oh ok this guy is also named Akshay! LOL the camera is panning his shirtless torso a lot. Bahaha Sima is obviously bored as he talks at her about the chicken-related business endlessly, she even says, “Okay. I think you can drop the chicken thing now.” I love her.

They seem to all think he can’t find someone because of the area he lives in (rural farming) and women prefer men in cities, which I get but like…he’s rich, decent looking, and still can’t find someone…is it really just the town? I mean surely some ladies don’t like the city? It’s also kind of weird how they say it’s because of the rural area when you can tell it’s because most people in the area are really poor and they are super rich- like there are women his age there for sure…just not rich enough ones.

Nadia is back! JFC the food looks so good. She’s still seeing Shekar! He’s super cute IMO, he looks a bit like a guy I dated. He says they’ve been chatting daily and it looks like they’re having a big family day with Nadia’s family at her house. He fits in really well with them! You can tell they all like him. Nadia’s mom thinks they are destined to be and said she doesn’t know what they’re waiting for. Cute!

Aparna is back and girlfriend is MEDITATING in a soft light blue turtleneck sweater and leggings like a laid back babe and I’m confused but happy for her. She says, “I’m done with the life I thought I wanted.” I have no idea what that means. Oh it looks like she moved to NYC! Or maybe is just staying there?

Oh shit! She’s with the guy (Jay) who liked how decisive and opinionated she is! Haha, how funny, she says they actually tried to date but it fizzled then it just so happened they both ended up moving to NYC and they got back in touch and had (prepare to swoon, excel nerds) a “shared spreadsheet” of buildings and amenities and potential apartments. They helped each other find places. This is like, super cute, actually. Aparna, “I came to New York because I can come to New York.” This girl is the shit. Oh weird, I guess her and Jay are just friends! But he’s still helping her find an apartment? I bet he likes her. Hahaha, the broker is getting irritated with her even though he’s Jay’s cousin, lmao. She’s super picky, what a shocker, and then she goes, “I’m flexible now, in many areas of my life.” Bahahah, girl you are a LIAH.

Now we’re with Akshay and his friends. Looks like they’re drinking and playing cards in a really pretty outdoor area. Akshay says he usually hangs out with the same people and doesn’t meet lots of new people, classic rich person. His friends say he needs someone smart, sophisticated, who likes to party, outgoing, hard working. His friend is asked if Akshay is popular with the ladies and in a moment of accidental comedic genius he says, “is there anything more than the word ‘extremely’?” hahahaha. Love it. His female friend calls him metrosexual, lol, she says he needs someone who can party but is also traditional. Easy!

So Nadia is throwing a mixer on behalf of Sima? And I guess Jay and Aparna are going too. I think it’s a single’s mixer? The producers are asking Aparna if there’s anything going on with Jay because he lights up talking to her (true) and she’s like “ew no, he tried to hold my hand the other day and I tried to punch him.” LMAO. She says she likes how she and Shekar don’t even hug when they meet because he doesn’t like being touched either (I guess they stayed friends too lol). What a weird group!

We’re with a face reader and Sima now. Sima thinks Jay and Aparna will be together. The face reader says they will remain friends and it’s possible they will marry. I wonder how one becomes a face reader. The face reader is looking at Akshay’s picture now and says he’s a ladies’ man and also says supernatural forces have been used on him and THAT is why he can’t get married. Specifically the Vivah Bandhan curse but that can be cured by a Tantra, he says. And then he can get married. Sima says “Great” but her face says “Fuck”.

Ok Nadia is welcoming lots of young beautiful Indian people to the party. Many of them are clients of Sima. Sima has arrived like a damn queen in crimson and gold. I love how she always introduces herself as “Sima from Mumbai”. I feel like I should start doing that. It has gravitas.

Hm. Nadia says Shekar looks handsome in his “little blazer”. That is not good, lol. She acts pretty into him tho? Sima is also confused, she doesn’t understand why they aren’t moving forward. He’s even getting her food for her.

Aparna says things didn’t work with matchmaking for her because you aren’t just dating the guys, you’re kind of also dating Sima, and then she goes, “she isn’t my type. Maybe she’s some people’s, I don’t know who, but there must be someone who thinks that’s ok.” That sounds like there is some DIRT to dig up.

Enter Vishal, a new face. He is handsome! Uh oh, Nadia thinks so too. Yeah he looks way more like the kind of guy she seems like she would go for. Ugh they’re the same sign. I mean signs are fine but like, idk ugh it’s not that impressive odds-wise. Oh damn she’s showing him her back tattoo! And Shekar is seeing it across the room. Woah! She and Vishal went off together and they kissed and hung out all night!!! WOAHHHH! I mean, he is way hotter than Shekar but dayyyyyymn.

end.

8 Likes