Indian Matchmaking Season 2

Who’s watching??

Aparna and Nadia are back! All the new people they’ve introduced seem awful. “I’m a 9.5/10 eligible bachelor” :joy::joy::joy:

Nadia Season 1 spoiler about how things ended with Vinay

For anyone who thought Nadia was sweet in Season 1, look up Vinay’s side of the story. She was the one who ghosted him and then totally made up that he no-showed on a date for the camera so that he would look bad and she would get to pretend to be heartbroken.

Nadia Season 2 spoiler about Shekar

No “sweet” Nadia anymore!! She totally cheated on Shekar with a hot young guy right in front of him and then tried to blame him for their lack of chemistry during her visit to Chicago! Her family (who all love Shekar) are going to lose it when they watch the show and see her awful behavior.

Marmalade normally doesn’t watch dating shows but he’s in for this one!!

@noitsbecky @AllHat

7 Likes

I’ve never been so honored to be at mentioned. Obviously I am in. :wink: And I am resting today so double YAY now I have something to do!

2 Likes

I am ready for your commentary!!! :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like
Viral's first date

Marmalade and I laughed so hard. She just refuses to answer the question of whether she’s vegetarian! What on earth does “ovo lacto semi-vegetarian” mean??? In India, there is no “semi-vegetarian” or “mostly vegetarian”. If you ever eat meat (or egg!) you’re not vegetarian.

Jains are really strict! They’re not even supposed to eat root vegetables or garlic/onions because you have to kill the plant to harvest it, and they don’t kill insects either.

2 Likes

She is the new aparna

2 Likes

She totally is!

I barely remember the first season…so I should start by re-watching that, right? RIGHT? (The answer is, “yes AllHat, you must”.)

6 Likes

YES. I am excited for this

2 Likes

Ok I’m rewatching from 1 and I forgot how much I love Aparna and her insane standards but terrible personality. She just said this exact sentence, “There’s nothing about me that I need to change, or evolve, or grow into to be a better partner for someone else.” I desperately want her to do a ted talk.

8 Likes

DD and I are watching! Love to hate on Aparna and Viral. Not terribly happy with Nadia’s behavior in the first couple of episodes. Does she remind anybody else of Deepti from Love is Blind?

3 Likes

This is amazing. I don’t remember all that much about her except that she was ridiculous.

3 Likes

She’s kind of mind boggling because on one end she’s a wildly unrealistic optimist but then almost everything she says is also super negative and derisive. It’s a truly bizarre combo.

1 Like

Hahaha I’m sure she doesn’t view herself as optimistic, just realistic! :laughing:

1 Like

I love the juxtaposition of: “I’m perfect exactly as I am and marriage will obviously be no work at all” with “but every man I’ve ever been on a date with sucks and is beneath me”.

But like…girl…those are the guys who are into you…water and levels and all that. :laughing:

6 Likes

Obviously she just hasn’t met the right guy yet!

3 Likes

“It’s not me, it’s you” -Aparna, probably

4 Likes

I feel like I should rewatch Season 1 (at least Aparna), especially since I need to wait for Marmalade to keep going with Season 2.

2 Likes
6 Likes

This is perfection. I love that the most positive thing she says is, “I don’t hate him”. Like girl you obv don’t want to be married :rofl: just live your best single life and please have the decency to try for a spin-off at some point so I can watch it.

3 Likes

OMG I forgot the part where Aparna actually likes the guy and talks over him repeatedly as he gets visibly more and more irritated (and she doesn’t notice). I feel bad for her <3 she has no idea.

4 Likes