Indian Matchmaking Season 2

Akshay’s mom was the absolute worst! I hope her appearance scared off everyone!

3 Likes

My library didn’t have it on overdrive/libby; but hoopla had the audiobook!

7 Likes

Ok my new favorite quote of season 1 might be Ankita’s friend saying, “Correct me if I’m wrong, but your Instagram has changed.” Fucking. Gold.

Also does anyone know how to turn off the autocorrect here? It’s always trying to make words more English which is annoying (Ankita= Anita, and it happens all the time with food words).

4 Likes

I’m wondering if poor Akshay is unmarriageable after this show. His mom was terrifying!!

2 Likes

@Meowmalade

Nadia Season 1 only

Weird! I just read his take and it’s like the exact opposite. IDK if I believe him based on the interview I read but I see you have a second spoiler so I’m thinking this is a pattern! INTRIGUE. I wonder why she does this if she does, just attention? Or do you think maybe there is so much pressure to marry and she doesn’t want to, but she’s pretty and likable so the only way to avoid it is to continually have “bad dates” and “jerks” who ghost?

Also doesn’t Akshay get married?! He said yes and they did the whole gift ceremony. Maybe you mean it fell through?

3 Likes
Season 2, Episode 1 Live React bc why not

Right out the gate we have what appears to be the Indian version of an LA douchebag. He says, “I’m a fighter, inside and outside. 9.5 out of 10, I am the world’s most eligible bachelor right now. My mom thinks that I’m quite eligible.” I feel like that’s about as close to a nature warning sign in the human world as possible, like those neon frogs that are filled with poison. Oh ok this guy is also named Akshay! LOL the camera is panning his shirtless torso a lot. Bahaha Sima is obviously bored as he talks at her about the chicken-related business endlessly, she even says, “Okay. I think you can drop the chicken thing now.” I love her.

They seem to all think he can’t find someone because of the area he lives in (rural farming) and women prefer men in cities, which I get but like…he’s rich, decent looking, and still can’t find someone…is it really just the town? I mean surely some ladies don’t like the city? It’s also kind of weird how they say it’s because of the rural area when you can tell it’s because most people in the area are really poor and they are super rich- like there are women his age there for sure…just not rich enough ones.

Nadia is back! JFC the food looks so good. She’s still seeing Shekar! He’s super cute IMO, he looks a bit like a guy I dated. He says they’ve been chatting daily and it looks like they’re having a big family day with Nadia’s family at her house. He fits in really well with them! You can tell they all like him. Nadia’s mom thinks they are destined to be and said she doesn’t know what they’re waiting for. Cute!

Aparna is back and girlfriend is MEDITATING in a soft light blue turtleneck sweater and leggings like a laid back babe and I’m confused but happy for her. She says, “I’m done with the life I thought I wanted.” I have no idea what that means. Oh it looks like she moved to NYC! Or maybe is just staying there?

Oh shit! She’s with the guy (Jay) who liked how decisive and opinionated she is! Haha, how funny, she says they actually tried to date but it fizzled then it just so happened they both ended up moving to NYC and they got back in touch and had (prepare to swoon, excel nerds) a “shared spreadsheet” of buildings and amenities and potential apartments. They helped each other find places. This is like, super cute, actually. Aparna, “I came to New York because I can come to New York.” This girl is the shit. Oh weird, I guess her and Jay are just friends! But he’s still helping her find an apartment? I bet he likes her. Hahaha, the broker is getting irritated with her even though he’s Jay’s cousin, lmao. She’s super picky, what a shocker, and then she goes, “I’m flexible now, in many areas of my life.” Bahahah, girl you are a LIAH.

Now we’re with Akshay and his friends. Looks like they’re drinking and playing cards in a really pretty outdoor area. Akshay says he usually hangs out with the same people and doesn’t meet lots of new people, classic rich person. His friends say he needs someone smart, sophisticated, who likes to party, outgoing, hard working. His friend is asked if Akshay is popular with the ladies and in a moment of accidental comedic genius he says, “is there anything more than the word ‘extremely’?” hahahaha. Love it. His female friend calls him metrosexual, lol, she says he needs someone who can party but is also traditional. Easy!

So Nadia is throwing a mixer on behalf of Sima? And I guess Jay and Aparna are going too. I think it’s a single’s mixer? The producers are asking Aparna if there’s anything going on with Jay because he lights up talking to her (true) and she’s like “ew no, he tried to hold my hand the other day and I tried to punch him.” LMAO. She says she likes how she and Shekar don’t even hug when they meet because he doesn’t like being touched either (I guess they stayed friends too lol). What a weird group!

We’re with a face reader and Sima now. Sima thinks Jay and Aparna will be together. The face reader says they will remain friends and it’s possible they will marry. I wonder how one becomes a face reader. The face reader is looking at Akshay’s picture now and says he’s a ladies’ man and also says supernatural forces have been used on him and THAT is why he can’t get married. Specifically the Vivah Bandhan curse but that can be cured by a Tantra, he says. And then he can get married. Sima says “Great” but her face says “Fuck”.

Ok Nadia is welcoming lots of young beautiful Indian people to the party. Many of them are clients of Sima. Sima has arrived like a damn queen in crimson and gold. I love how she always introduces herself as “Sima from Mumbai”. I feel like I should start doing that. It has gravitas.

Hm. Nadia says Shekar looks handsome in his “little blazer”. That is not good, lol. She acts pretty into him tho? Sima is also confused, she doesn’t understand why they aren’t moving forward. He’s even getting her food for her.

Aparna says things didn’t work with matchmaking for her because you aren’t just dating the guys, you’re kind of also dating Sima, and then she goes, “she isn’t my type. Maybe she’s some people’s, I don’t know who, but there must be someone who thinks that’s ok.” That sounds like there is some DIRT to dig up.

Enter Vishal, a new face. He is handsome! Uh oh, Nadia thinks so too. Yeah he looks way more like the kind of guy she seems like she would go for. Ugh they’re the same sign. I mean signs are fine but like, idk ugh it’s not that impressive odds-wise. Oh damn she’s showing him her back tattoo! And Shekar is seeing it across the room. Woah! She and Vishal went off together and they kissed and hung out all night!!! WOAHHHH! I mean, he is way hotter than Shekar but dayyyyyymn.

end.

8 Likes

Im so delighted I found new Allhat Reacts. This is great.

5 Likes

I guess i forgot season one

2 Likes

Haha I should alert other people! :laughing: I’m going to keep going bc I need distraction tonight.

2 Likes
Season 2, Episode 2, AllHat is in the Marriage Business Now

Akshay is meeting Devika who is willing to move to his town. Sima says the business is getting harder because her clients have a lot more wants. I don’t think this match will work bc I doubt he finds her attractive. She is unimpressed by his drink order and his rambling about EQ and bill gates, and literally talking over her. She designs clothes and seems chill. he seems terrible. He is already talking about his mom. They both agree their generation is spoiled. He says he’s mindful of the environment and she roasts him for using a straw! HAH! I kind of love it. She makes him promise to plant trees. He compliments her outfit. He describes her to the camera as “not too bad” which swoon, am I right ladies? LOL, yep he says friendly vibes but not romantic. I do not think she will be heartbroken.

Nadia is with her friends and they are girl talking and eating Chinese takeout and I’m shaking with jealousy. She’s talking about how she made out with Vishal and how he called her and they talked until 4:30 am. and he called her the next day too. But he’s only 26 and she’s older than that (I don’t remember how old). Then they all say Jonas and Priyanka (sp?) and squeal IDK what that means but it’s obviously a pop culture reference (I’m assuming) to an age gap couple. Now they’re talking about Shekar, she says she doesn’t think he’s into her. She says he’s kind of flirtatious but she doesn’t get the “I want you” vibe. She says he’s in the friend zone. I don’t think he knows that, lol. And now Vishal is at the door with flowers and chocolate. Damn, he’s handsome. Poor Shekar.

To be probably not continued bc arms are going out now too. BOOOOO. :frowning: At least I have something to watch.

8 Likes

I’m so glad this thread exists! I just started watching the second season this weekend!

I honestly didn’t think Akshay was too bad before this, but during this date I was like…oh, here is our answer to why he is not married. He doesn’t know how to have a normal conversation, and came across so badly in this date. Pretty sure Devika will not be upset to be “friend zoned”

5 Likes

LOL yeah I think somehow she will pull through :laughing:

2 Likes

@Meowmalade

Spoilers on episode 3, season 2

Wow!!! What a quick turnaround with Nadia! The dating world has doled out her justice swiftly. She basically ditches Shekar who was lovely and sweet for the first hot guy she sees because Shekar wasn’t super manly and didn’t give her a spark. Her new beau then turns around and breaks up with her because HE doesn’t feel a spark. Bahaha!

Like I cannot believe she didn’t see that coming? When she asked him if her age was a problem for him with settling down soon and kids he was like “-shrug- nope” which…is not the answer of a guy who is thinking about fertility and timelines in a serious way, lol. Yet she is apparently shocked by this turn of events.

It makes me wonder how many times she has done this, like had a good guy on the hook and thrown him back for an obvious going nowhere serious dude. And then she wants us to feel bad for her bc she always has this happen? Like if all the guys you are super into ditch you…maybe you aren’t going for the right kind of guy? And also like two other guys WERE interested and you ditched them. You are not a victim sweet pea, lol. I kind of wonder if she’s a big drinker too. That might make a lot of it make some sense.

5 Likes
Nadia

After Vinay shared his side of the story she didn’t even deny it. She is so manipulative, did you see during the breakup video chat how she tried to blame Shekar for things fizzling out? He said he asked her very clearly what she wanted before she came to Chicago, and she said just friends so obviously he was too classy to make a move on her! And they were talking every day and meeting each other’s families.

She just wants to be portrayed as the victim but she is just awful. And breaking up with Shekar while she’s on a date with the new guy? That was so shitty. She totally deserved what she got!

4 Likes
Nadia

YES. She was so manipulative in that conversation. Also it’s pretty classless to make out with another guy right in front of the guy who was obviously her date for the night. I felt really bad for Shekar. He seemed like a catch to me, and he put in a lot of effort. Once I saw that I was like, oh I 100% believe Vinay now.

4 Likes

They apparently did a “pre-engagement” ceremony but didn’t get married. None of the couples in Season 1 worked out, which doesn’t look good for Sima Auntie!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/indian-matchmaking-season-1-couples-still-together-netflix-1732513%3Famp=1

2 Likes
Shekar

He seems so sweet and genuine! Maybe he’ll get a lot of interest after being on the show!

He dodged a bullet though!!

3 Likes
Akshay (Season 2)

Mumbai is a big city and no one who loves the city and partying would want to move to the boonies and… run a chicken farm?? Especially when he’s hanging out with all his friends and they’re like “he needs a girl who is ready to PARTY!!!”. Uh, not compatible with moving to Nashik :joy:

Also OMG I just realized you’re going to meet Viral soon. Can’t wait for AllHat live react!!

3 Likes

Nick Jonas (singer from Jonas Brothers) and Priyanka Chopra (gorgeous actress/model). I learned from the show that she’s 11 years older. They’re married and I think recently had a baby? Sima does not approve of them :joy:

3 Likes

I thought it was hilarious that Sima didn’t approve of Nick and Priyanka.

4 Likes