I Will Teach You to Be Rich: Podcast Gossip and Discussion

I fully expected this to be a cat with a joke pf account.

5 Likes

Does TikTok show you the woman who are recording a podcast, and they say things like ā€œdo you know how much money youā€™d have if you saved a dollar every day for a year? $25,000.ā€ Theyā€™re so funny, Iā€™ll post next time they come up for me.

(Theyā€™re doing a bit, itā€™s on purpose)

8 Likes

Not women but Ponder has a dude who does that turn up on his media and it is hilarious :rofl:

3 Likes

Anyone watch the Netflix show yet? Itā€™s out!

5 Likes

Not yet but itā€™s a bed day so Iā€™m prob diving in rn.

6 Likes

Ooo thanks for the reminder. Definitely doing this tonight.

3 Likes

Odds of me watching the Netflix show: 75%

Odds of me reading AllHatā€™s review: 1,000%

23 Likes

Itā€™s hard being so internet famous. Tosses hair in a way that indicates it is not, in fact, hard, but highly desirable.

22 Likes

YUP same here lol

2 Likes

Iā€™m watching it right now. Itā€™s fine. I wouldnā€™t watch it if I had mental energy, but today I am 90% slug and so his fairly ineffective and generic advice is background noise while I play on my phone.

8 Likes

Assume spoilers bc today Iā€™m rotten. Also on meds so like, expect me to get peopleā€™s names wrong and stuff.

Episode One

This text will be hidden like my true opinions when someone else asks me how I like the restaurant they picked for us to go to.

The first couples is comprised of an attractive high powered lady (six figure income) and a stay at home dad who used to be an electrical engineer. They have an ugly mc mansion and a bright red tesla and and income of $24k a month but overdraw their accounts all the time.

She feels like she has the world on her shoulders. She sounds stressed out AF. The guy says that as she has made more money he has become less and less valuable to her. :frowning: He says he works harder now than when he was an electrical engineer and that he gets a lot less respect. He says she de-values what he does and doesnā€™t allow him to make any money decisions. She says she doesnā€™t trust him financially because he hasnā€™t proven himself yet, and heā€™s kind of laughing. She says women who stay at home with kids have to ask for permission and for an allowance and they donā€™t complain. She said since she works she should get to have all the decision making power. He points out that women in that position are often unhappy and she says that some of them arenā€™t. She literally is admitting he should have to ask and grovel for things because sheā€™s the earner, lol.

He says when he supported both of them they had joint accounts, but now that she supports them both they donā€™t. Her response is to look offended and say, ā€œIā€™m going to check out of this conversation.ā€

Soā€¦thatā€™s the start of this episode. Iā€™m going to eat and keep watching but so far I recommend it.

18 Likes

I sometimes hide those opinions, too. Haha.

2 Likes

Oh my. Starting off with a real doozy!

3 Likes

WHAT! Three paragraphs in and my eyebrows are at my hairline.

5 Likes

Ooooo purposely not clicking on the spoiler so I can watch it first and see how my opinion lines up with AH. But so so tempting!!

3 Likes

Well, I watched the first episode and I 100% think that the first couple needs to get a divorce. Speaking as a working wife with a stay at home husband, I canā€™t imagine ever treating my husband the way that she treats hers. Holy cow.

9 Likes

iā€™m hate watching it now.

ramit seems incapable of speaking in a non-sales-y voice, at any time.

6 Likes

I have to say, I think Ramit is more likable on the show than on his podcast!

5 Likes

iā€™m sure itā€™s the netflix editing :laughing:

ETA i do like when he lets his true nerdy self out!

1 Like

A few times heā€™s been trying to be cool around people that obviously make him uncomfortable. He has such a dorky dad vibe and is trying too hard.
At one point he is in a drag bar. I was amused.

6 Likes