I Will Teach You to Be Rich: Podcast Gossip and Discussion

Mine was similar…I think with the original mortgage I went ahead and had them include escrow for property taxes (my insurance was different because it wasn’t/isn’t a single family home). But then when I refinanced the credit union/credit union representative was doing such an incredibly poor job of keeping things straight that I just said forget it, I didn’t trust them to handle anything that wasn’t owed directly to them and I’d be taking over that portion myself. That was probably 8-9 years ago and it hasn’t been a big deal, I get a notice of property taxes in the mail in Jan/Feb and pay them a couple months later.

2 Likes

Don’t appreciate this couple’s disdain for households with two working parents…but maybe I’m just sensitive bc Ravioli has to be in a childcare situation that isn’t me or DH.

Critical: They’re spending like they’re both working.

10 Likes

They are definitely spending like they are both earning. I can understand that they are entitled to their values and that having a parent home with their children is a value that they hold. However, if that is what they choose then they need to spend accordingly instead of spending like they have two incomes.

9 Likes

I just saw this trailer:

5 Likes

Oh em gee

1 Like

He’s the Nick Lachey of finance :joy:

5 Likes

:astonished::astonished::astonished::astonished::astonished:

1 Like

Omg :rofl:

1 Like

oh dear. I have snark every 0.5 seconds.

the slow mo running up the stairs from the subway is just

2 Likes

I can’t wait to watch all of it lmao

1 Like

I asked Ry if he thinks I will yell at him on the show like I do every few minutes listening to the podcast :joy::joy:

5 Likes

Can we arrange a group watch of this. Is there still that website that lets you do netflix parties with a bunch of people?

7 Likes

Ohhhhh DH and I are super going to enjoy this! Let’s see if we can get through 5 minutes without pausing to discuss. :joy:

3 Likes

Who let him wear that polo shirt and khakis midway through the clip? That screams golf dad, not cool swanky NYC financial advisor coach dude. He needs a new stylist…

1 Like

I would not call him a snappy dresser. But then I’m not really one to talk. But on the third hand I’m not on Netflix

1 Like

his wife is a stylist! :laughing:

2 Likes

Maybe it’s a carefully cultivated “reliable money guy look” :joy:

Or “my rich life is about experiences and food and fancy hotels, and I really don’t care about my wardrobe”.

3 Likes

Or a look like those celebrities that have $500 plain white tshirt.

4 Likes

I would be into this! This looks like the type of show where everyone describes everything they’ve ever been through, done, or learned, as a “journey”.

5 Likes

The only finance expert I trust anymore:

8 Likes