How do you planner?

awesome, i’m glad it is working so well for you!! the leather cover is so nice. i still use my old one to store stamps (in one of those zipper pockets) and blank greeting cards (just stuck in the cover and closed with a loop).

last year i got the date free hobonichi and only used like less than half of the pages so i guess i’ll just keep going with it for 2023. as much as i enjoy more structured planners aesthetically, for actual planning i seem to prefer free form lists – one per week, usually 1-2 pages, with maybe a habit tracker here or there.

2 Likes

I bought the kakuno and am going to donate the money I would have spent on the other cart to Pikelet’s school music program.

The kakuno is cute! I might use it as is and not swap the nibs.

6 Likes

They’re so good! The winky faces are my favorites

2 Likes

Currently I’m logging daily things in a Hobonichi Cousin Avec and occasionally bullet journaling in a Midori MD A6 Grid. Sometimes I log my work hours in the Cousin weekly spread with my sleep and app use.

For 2023 I ordered a Hobonichi A6 Day-Free, and I’m going to open one of the A5 Plain notebooks I ordered during the first round of Tomoe River panic. (My covers are the Hobonichi Tembea: Tote Book (Mustard) A5 and Daisuke Soshiki: Blink A6 if that’s of interest to anyone.) I don’t know if I’ll miss the dated pages, I’ve been doing most of my planning on Google Calendar anyway.

Btw I found OMD when a fountain pen podcast mentioned Lily’s economics of planners livestream:D

5 Likes

i’m debating whether i should get the hobonichi date free for 2023. i still have lots of empty pages in my 2022 so i could just keep using it. but i would miss the yearly view (which i use intermittently for habit tracking) and the monthly view (which i use intermittently for symptom tracking when something weird is going on).

i’m sure i could find or even draw other solutions for these but also the TREAT YOSELF vibes are strong with me. plus i buy them from jenni bick and there are gorgeous new nuuna notebooks i could also buy. they are my absolute faves for journaling but i have a few in reserve already :see_no_evil:

5 Likes

So I did a thing today… I might use one as a planner, but I think they will just be various journals.
I am already regretting not getting 5x more than this… Even though they are dated, it is easy to redate.

So here’s the thing- these were 10 cents each.

11 Likes

For 10 cents I’d buy lots and redate too!

2 Likes

I should have grabbed all the Disney planners just for the rings and flipped those on ebay. Probably the monthly inserts would sell too.

And the large calendars to use as paint drop cloths. 12 sheets for a dime?! Man, I was trying not to be a greedy hoarder, and I regret it.

7 Likes

Hm. I really like a half page daily agenda with slots below for kids. I use the kids spots for project planning. I looked at Mossery and and and … really am not fond of the covers or the layout or, frankly, tne prices. I have an old Filofax cover, but Im already using it, so that’s out.

I’ll probably buy fillers fromFilofax and DIY, again.

3 Likes

Sometimes you just gotta make do. I spent $20CAD on two separate planners. One was an 18 month planner I started in September. After using it for three months I can tell you the spaces are not big enough to write everything I want/need to do in a day.

The other is a basic dot grid planner I picked up for a few bucks at Dollarama. I’m using it for habit trackers atm. But that might change, if I get frustrated enough with the other planner.

1 Like

I’m giving away a fancy sold out planner:

https://gleam.io/WqJNA/common-planner-giveaway

Also, there will be a Secret Code in Today’s planner live stream

1 Like

Reviving this thread to note that the Mossery website has some good sale items (discontinued and slightly damaged stuff) right now! I stocked up on planner refills for the rest of the year.

2 Likes

Anyone have good recs for washi tape? I’m going to use my July fun money to get a few rolls for the first time. I saw some basics on Amazon, but I’d love to get something more unique / support a smaller business on Etsy if possible.

4 Likes

My favorite washi are MT, Classiky, and some artist lines like London Gifties, Idako, Pei Pan, inkyconverters (who’s on Etsy btw). Idk if this is common where you are, but here some shops will sell you samples of certain rolls, sometimes people also sell sample cards from their stash like in crafting groups. I love washi tape so much, hope you get designs you really like! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Washi tape gives me the same fun feeling as stickers. I love using it to put an extra seal on greeting card envelopes. Adds a little something! No recs, but it’s so easy to find it all over Etsy!

8 Likes

Talk me out of buying a 2024 midori hibino and tell me my traveler’s notebook set up is fine and I should get the 2024 insert for that instead. :face_with_peeking_eye:

6 Likes

Can anyone recommend good spooky and/or cat themed stickers on Etsy? My backpack got stolen out of my car today and it had all my planner stickers and washi tapes in it. My cat stickers all came from Oh My Dollar (especially the spooky ones) so not really replaceable, so I’m in the market for new ones! :cat2: :jack_o_lantern:

I’ve basically already failed at budgetober this year so I’m not counting on stickers there :grimacing:

7 Likes

I don’t have any recommendations but urgh to whoever stole your backpack. I’m sorry that happened.

1 Like

Haha you can get some Budgetober stickers.:jack_o_lantern:

3 Likes

WAIT OMG REALLY? Cuz I know I have NOT earned them. My checks ins have all been horrifically late.

1 Like