How do you planner?

I’m excited to see if it works for you!!

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure I’m gonna have to buy TWO PLANNERS again for 2023. Was going to get the Take a Note Planner…but then Sterling ink came out with this dream

The Common Planner

Size: B6

Full year and Half year options available.

Color choices: Black (Linen texture) and Mauve (Leatherette texture)

Format: Year, Quarterly pages, Monthly, Vertical weekly, and Undated grid pages enough for one day per page.

Paper: Sanzen Tomoe River paper, 52gsm, White color.

Special feature: Gilded Edge.

Spine: Year label.

6 Likes

Oh that’s pretty :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I witnessed a mom and late-teen daughter at Target today shopping for planners “yeah Mom this one” “no Honey just no, are you kidding me?! You can buy one for a dollar and you want this one for thirty dollars?” “Ugh Mom FIIIOIIIIIIINNNEEEEEEEE”

They did not fare well in the organizing section either

And I wanted so badly to interject my Feelings about $29 worth of happiness is worth Happiness

but continued on to my eggs and bell peppers and yellow summer squash in silence

10 Likes

Ooooooh. So I’ve tried the Mossery vertical and horizontal and what I really want is one that has the monthly bits but also 1 page vertical/1 page horizontal alternating so i can see my week and then track tasks. This one looks good … Or I just use the dotted book to manage tasks :thinking:

3 Likes

What about take a note:

Horizontal week at a view and vertical spread over 3 pages

3 Likes

Well I took someone’s idea and bought two planners this past week. One was a dot grid journal from Dollarama for my habit trackers, productivity trackers and notes. The other is a standard planner with monthly and weekly spreads. It includes to do lists, goals and blank space for notes and doodles. Suits me fine! It was on sale 35% off, so both planners combined were under $20 CAD.

12 Likes

I did Mossery for 2022 and I like it a lot! The cover is beautiful. What I really wanted, though, was an Idlewild planner. They were all sold out by the time I got my shoosh together to planner shop last fall.

This year I got one again! :mushroom: :snake:
https://idlewildco.com/shop/desk-home/calendars-planners/mushroom-garden-2023-planner/

I know I’m in the minority, but I like just having a blank box for each day and being able to use to it list appointments, to do’s, and whatever else without needing to worry about the time stamps of the Mossery vertical layout. Chaos reigns!

8 Likes

I also prefer a blank box or big enough space daily to scrawl for my work planners! Basically enough for a 5 item or less to do list + room for notes about desk schedules or programs/events + easy to see a week at a glance.

I’ve moved between Passion Planners (time layout but usually just block out event times or meetings vs being really involved + lots of other boxes/free spaces weekly) and the Day Designer planners through Target (tighter spiral-bound than their main line, though originally they did a bookbound planner that laid flat that was great).

I like to use bullet journal type dotted journals for personal thoughts/project tracking/longform notes.

7 Likes

I am very excited. My 2023 Mossery vertical planners have arrived, along with my new sketchbooks :heart_eyes: I’m planning on doing a horizontal-style layout in a dotted notebook in the other half of my twinbook.

Will post photos once I get to open and play with them.

10 Likes

Omg that’s so exciting!!

1 Like

Its beautiful. I used the undated vertical planner for 12 months, and the undated horizontal planner for 6 months. I now have the dated vertical planner for all of next year and the spaces feel perfect. I have the lemon cover for my planning.
I don’t have a ton of meetings but I do need to see how busy each day is, so I use the vertical planner by ignoring the times on the side and just writing in everything that happens in that day in approximate order. This helps me build in quiet days for myself and the rest of my family.

It comes perfectly packaged.

This is the cover I picked for my art journalling.

I am a sucker for tiny gold/foil accents. I think this will be the perfect set to help me next year.

18 Likes

I love their packaging and they’re both so pretty!

2 Likes

My traveler’s notebook arrived.

I’ve started using it for bullet journal lists, without the monthly insert since it doesn’t start until December.

So far it’s a good choice for me I think. I was worried that it might be a bit too small but the size is working really well. I’m not annoyed at all about it not laying perfectly flat either.

6 Likes

Yay! The TN system is interesting, good to know it works for you. Did you get the Regular size? And what color is your cover? :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Ooh. Photo/ link to what you got?

1 Like

I got the passport camel colour. The leather is definitely finished in a way that “patinas” easily.

…now I have the conundrum that I like to use multiple colours in my planning but because of the size of page, my EF pen is now a strong preference so now I want to buy another EF nibbed pen… :woman_facepalming:

9 Likes

Buying another pen seems only sensible

2 Likes

I could buy a $15 pilot kakuno and swap the nib onto another pilot pen that I like…

… or I could get everything saved in my cart on larrypost?

3 Likes

I got a passport cover (pictured above) that comes with a blank insert.

I want to use the insert that came with it to keep some references, like paint colours, dimensions of things, etc but I don’t think I’d always need it in the cover and I don’t really like having it so thick. It’s very easy to slip in and out.

I got a monthly insert which I’ll use for date specific stuff (which is minimal in my life atm hence no dated weekly or daily business).

I got one each of the dot and grid inserts, because I wasn’t sure which I’d prefer. I prefer grid :+1:. I am using this one by writing the date at the top and then a list using the basic bullet journal key. I don’t predate anything or have an index or make trackers or anything like that. I like this method because I can not use it for three months and not have blank pages. I can also use 6 pages on the one day writing out notes or ideas or planning something in addition to the bullet list and it’s also fine. Basically I am inconsistent and this works for that.

Finally, I got a lightweight paper insert which has perforated pages so I can make shopping lists or notes for people and tear them out (I’m most looking forward to leaving notes in letter boxes telling people how lovely their gardens are haha).

I was going to get a sketch insert but decided the format was too small for drawing or painting and I’m glad I didn’t because I prefer fewer inserts.

4 Likes