How Did You Move Today?

That’s a really good tip, thank you!

4 Likes

I do the same thing. When I was following YWA on YouTube, I did her beginning yoga routine and one for hip/back discomfort/pain.

I really need to start doing that again.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s how I did it too. I started with a few of her videos that I did over and over and then moved on to some of her longer series. I’ve done her Dedicate series from last year several times and really enjoyed it more each time.

6 Likes

I hiked around 6-7 miles with meowmalade. No rain!

6 Likes

This is a great thread but I probably won’t include things that feel routine unless it’s Hard that day and I need a boost. But I’ll start with gloriously weird movement: kids down the street made a 100-square hopscotch on the sidewalk spanning 2 houses, so I did it on the way to Walgreens and back (bf needed more sudafed and tissues). I have confirmed my hip abductors have atropied (hopping on 1 foot is hard :sob:), reinforcing my desire to Work on Them.

9 Likes

This is amazing! I hope one of the kids who made it got to see you enjoying it!

2 Likes

I went on an afternoon walk today! I was working from home and things were quiet so I got to go when the sun was still out and the weather was lovely. About two miles round trip.

3 Likes

I held a deep squat, flat footed, while my muscles stretched. I have that really good stretch feeling, it felt like it was worth at least a half hour yoga routine!

6 Likes

That’s the best feeling!

1 Like

I danced at a family wedding reception this evening.

3 Likes

I would do that but real talk, if I try to do the same video over and over I will get real bored real quick and quit. So I’ll just continue to do it badly and hilariously and have to keep looking at the screen.

Day 2 and my floor is still apparently super dusty. I need to do something about that.

It does make my (primarily) upper back feel better for a while.

3 Likes

Understandable! You’ll pick it up quickly, I enjoy doing her longer series over again which helps with learning different poses and doesn’t get boring since they’re 30 days long too.

3 Likes

Did 2 walks today, one with my sister and one with my grandma. Grandma definitely has a faster natural walking pace than I do :joy:

4 Likes

An hour and a half of gardening which included lots of deep squats and lifting heavy things. Feeling strong :muscle:

5 Likes

I moved 30+ bricks about 1.5m. sandpit is under construction. I also did a fast walk around our backyard 10 times with the toddler, as he yelled “run run run fast as you can, can’t catch me I’m the gingerbread man”.

5 Likes

Day 3 of YWA Home is in the books! Also on deck, playing with Bobbin and both nieces at Youngest Niece’s birthday party. Anticipating lots of running around and carrying small children. I find weight lifting is the most fun when your weight can giggle.

5 Likes

Had a few hours to kill before my train, so I walked around this small town with a fairly heavy pack on my back. Only 2 to 2.5 miles, but it felt like more because of the extra weight.

ETA: and then the train was late getting to my station so I missed the bus. An extra 2 mile walk with the pack! Yay?

4 Likes

That’s a great way to get some movement in! I carry a pack around the neighborhood sometimes when I’m training for backpacking trips and it leaves me feeling like I used my whole body. Plus I always sleep great after! I think I’ll get my pack out later this week.

2 Likes

Oh fun thread! I went for a few walks today, one with a dog and one with a friend after we ate lunch. Then dug up two trees from my yard (medium/small), then trimmed back the rear hedges. About to do my Street Parking workout while trying to keep my pets off of me, lol.

3 Likes

This is the trick, isn’t it? :laughing:

1 Like