How Did You Move Today?

walked to the local knitting store for their annual Jan 1 knitting party. Google says that was 2.4 km total. Very few people out today, even though it was a lovely day.

3 Likes

Just finished day 1 of the YWA Home series, it was the perfect practice for me today. Slow and intentional and I feel really great. Also planning a nice walk later once Bobbin wakes up since itā€™s cold but sunny. Weā€™ll bundle up and go get some energy out of the pup.

5 Likes

I went to yoga this morning. I donā€™t normally go on Thursdays, but I was unusually free today. Thursday is the hard class, with too many low planks/pushups for my liking. Will be sore tomorrow, but Iā€™m glad I went.

5 Likes

This is lovely. <3

I did some yoga yesterday and got a nice walk in; so far today, I walked to the gym and spent some time on the rowing machine. Hoping to get a nice walk in with Wizard on the way to seeing Star Wars later today. :wink:

2 Likes

Today I went on a walk, which was lovely because the sun was out, and I got to explore more of my neighborhood (moved here a few months ago). I found some cool new places, and had good talks with my brother who was with me. After a lunch date with a friend, I was offered a ride home, but I was a 15 minute walk from home and decided to continue my walking trend.

Iā€™m having some lower back pain (minor), so putting a public reminder to myself to do some yoga and/or stretching.

5 Likes

I walked New Pup x 2 yesterday while Oldster was sleeping.

Washed dishes by hand. This totally counts according to my doctor :slight_smile:

Moved some furniture from one room to a different room (shelf, entry table).

3 Likes

Walked up and down the escalator at work today (my office is on the first floor, nearest/best restroom is on 2nd floor by escalator), walked escalator and stairs from 1st to 3rd floor and back.

3 Likes

I walked all over the house tidying up and cleaning, and also went out for a walk/run at the local park. It was beautiful and sunny and I had the park all to myself.

4 Likes

I walked through two airports- does that count :rofl: Iā€™m now visiting parents so Iā€™m going to have to be extra conscientious about getting moving ha

5 Likes

It counts! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Once Husband got home, he took the baby and I used the chance to get outside and speed walk with headphones in and music playing. It was only like a 15 min loop, but it was good for me. Blustery and drizzly, but Iā€™m glad I went. I was dragging me feet beforehand.

8 Likes

Had to take transit into work because I had my heavy laptop, but walked home with the shadowy one and did my arm weight reps this evening.

3 Likes

Never made it out for the walk I planned since nap time ended up coinciding with it getting dark. But I did end up doing lots of baby presses and other Baby entertaining movement that has left me pleasantly sore and made Bobbin giggle.

5 Likes

Did a short walk with my mum to an op shop close to her house and back, then when it was dark, walked 20 min to the library with husband and back.

2 Likes

I walked part of the way home from work since the train was delayed.

2 Likes

Prompted by the thread, I did my pushups for today.

4 Likes

I did the YWA today and, although I am not sure I love her style, I will probably try to do it all 30 days. Itā€™s a bit tough to do when you donā€™t know the moves and your glasses hang crooked, awkwardly off your face because they are broken though. It was supposed to be about recognizing right? So one thing I recognized was that my carpet is really dusty smelling despite the fact that I just vacuumed a few days ago. Grr. Also her dog makes me miss my doggie.

5 Likes

For me at least I find that she describes things pretty well, and since its youtube I can always pause and figure out the pose if I need to whereas in a class I would have a hard time asking for help. Plus sheā€™s consistent in how she talks about the movements and phrases the vinyasa so after a while you can start to predict that once she says one cue, usually something consistent follows so it helps me to anticipate whatā€™s coming next.

2 Likes

Today I did day two of YWA Home even though I was really dragging. None of the small creatures in my house slept well last night so I also got movement in the form of a 2:30am & 6:45am pup walk (plus the normal longer walk at a more reasonable time). I am so tired but I feel really good after yoga so Iā€™m glad I did it. Its weird and rainy but I might see if H can get home from work in time to do a family trip to the dog park and then take a walk around the larger park there too.

The weekends are where I always fall off the wagon in terms of doing yoga so Iā€™m going to push myself hard to do yoga first thing in the morning after feeding Bobbin because we have a busy day tomorrow. Posting it here to hold myself accountable.

4 Likes

First swim of the new year!

People trying yoga with Adrienne or any new video yoga or fitness instructorā€¦challenges are cool and all, but until I know an instructor, Iā€™m more successful doing 1-2 videos repeatedly until I get it. In fact, Billy Blanksā€™ Tae Bo and other VHS series I used to have, would either have an intro video to learn basics, or would tell you to watch all the way through before attempting. Different learning styles for different people

4 Likes