How Did You Move Today?

YOU GOT THIS.

I walked this morning and chatted with my mom on the phone.

4 Likes

I did the thing, yay!!

4 Likes

Yay!

I went for a walk to pick up a BN thing. It was downhill to get there, and I realized Iā€™d kept up a fast pace, so I challenged myself to keep up that pase on the way back up. I did it! 3.2 miles in 56 minutes.

6 Likes

walked about 40 minutes this morning before starting work, and then about 50 minutes with the shadowy one after dinner.

6 Likes

Did some YWA today. She made a new playlist for times of uncertainty and I chose one about anchoring in hope. It was just the right amount of woo and the perfect amount of stretching.

Didnā€™t yoga yesterday, but I did do hundreds of mini bounces with Bobbin in the carrier while socially distancing in lines at the store, then lots of baby presses and baby russian twists (more like just twisting to gently throw bobbin from one side of the couch to another). I find these exercises exponentially more fun than when Iā€™ve done them with medicine balls, since medicine balls canā€™t use their newfound skill of vigorously shaking their head and never have I had a medicine ball giggle at me and fill me with joy. Highly recommend.

6 Likes

About a 40 minute mental health walk. Plenty of.baby situps and bouncing on the yoga ball.

5 Likes

Half an hour walk each day after i finished working plus 40 min round trip walk to the library to stock up before they shut to the public.

3 Likes

Did 30 min walk on the treadmill, 45 outside. I can sure feel it.

4 Likes

Itā€™s Thursday, so ā€¦ tap dancing! We had our class virtually today and I danced in my living room. We couldnā€™t work on the dance weā€™ve been practicing because it needs too much space, so we did a different, more compact choreography.

I probably shouldnā€™t tap on my HW floors too much, though.

5 Likes

slept in, so I didnā€™t do my walk this morning, but did go out for an hour after work to walk along the river

4 Likes

Walked about seven miles, yoga, mowed the back yard (that counts!).

4 Likes

You can unscrew the taps from your shoes and still do the movements. I did tap from 8-17 and sometimes when we ordered new shoes the shoes would arrive before the taps and weā€™d have to go without them for a week or so

2 Likes

Thanks. But itā€™s so much less fun without the clickey sounds!

So true! I still do combos in my bare feet in the kitchen sometimes and itā€™s just not as satisfying

1 Like

Grumble - procrastinated and now on the treadmill to get my last 1500 steps into hit my daily goal.

3 Likes

Two walks and I did my PT. I need to make sure to stay on the PT wagon!

2 Likes

I moved bricks and did some stretching.

3 Likes

Ten minutes of yoga using Down Dog app, at Beginner 2 level today! I really need to be spending more time than ten minutes, so Iā€™m going to try to do more this evening.

4 Likes

Got my sit-stand desk assembled yesterday and was able to stand up in meetings this morning. It doesnā€™t go quite as low as Iā€™d like (or quite as low as they advertised; Iā€™m short, and the excercise ball leaves me at an awkward angle to code), but on the other hand if I raise it to its full height I can literally bounce on the mini-trampoline while Iā€™m beign talked at :smiley:. I will do that for the next hour of meetings.

7 Likes

Iā€™ve been avoiding this thread because I wasnā€™t moving much. But Iā€™ve been going on long walks every day since Monday! Thanks, pandemic? I mean, of course itā€™s terrible. But it finally got my whole family exercising because being in the house together 24/7 can get old. Real old. Now we all love our long, daily walk! The dog is so happy, too!

7 Likes