How Did You Move Today?

Planted another tree (this one was easy!). Was about to plant a fifth but the ground is not cooperative i.e. it will be hard effort, so I decided that could be something I leave for another day.

6 Likes

You left out important details. What kinds of trees?

3 Likes

I miss my gym classes already. I canā€™t do dance fitness in my apartment, my neighbor will bang on the ceiling because iā€™m making noise. I guess I could do yoga videos, thatā€™s quiet. Those classes were really helping my anxiety though. Not just the activity, the camaraderie. I was starting to make friends. :worried:

3 Likes

I have utterly failed at my daily yoga practice for the last week or so which has me annoyed at myself. I wanted to build this habit so that when I got busy it would already be part of my routine, but I just havenā€™t kept it up.

I really hate that the one thing I do daily for myself that isnā€™t brushing my teeth is the first thing I chuck when I get busy or stressed.

Tomorrow I will do better. Today I settle for the fact that I did do 5 minutes of stretches that felt SO GOOD

7 Likes

I went for a walk and a run today.

1 Like

I went for a hike today. I was supposed to do a group hike, but it was cancelled. But I got myself out of the house (thanks to the support from JJ and others on discord) and went to the same park and did a solo hike. I only went 3 miles instead of the original 6. Iā€™ve been walking 6 miles with my neighborhood group once per week, but hiking is harder. Uneven trail, and hills*. Plus I didnā€™t know what route the group hike was going to take and the park website had the three mile loop highlighted, so I did that.

I donā€™t have a plan for movement tomorrow, and things tend to not happen when I donā€™t have a plan. My knees arenā€™t up for long walks everyday, but most everything else I do is group stuff that has either been cancelled or is at the gym (and Iā€™ve given up going to the gym for social distancing reasons).

*for a localized definition of hills. For reference, I live at the junction of the Piedmont and Coastal Plains regions of the US eastern states.

5 Likes

I went for a 6 mile hike! I was going to bail after like 2.5 miles but then I got lost!

4 Likes

So you planned to do my hike and I planned to do your hike!

2 Likes

Will you join me in doing some yoga tomorrow?

2 Likes

Yesterday: biking, yoga, and barbell conditioning.
Friday: Hiit workout and biking.

I canā€™t remember any further back than that, lol.

3 Likes

Yes! Iā€™d love to.

1 Like

I stretched while waiting for the kid to fall asleep. Probably half an hour or longer of intermittent stretching.

2 Likes

I cleaned the living room. Moved the furniture and swept behind it, removed the cushions and vacuumed the couch, took all the books off the bookcase and dusted behind them, ditto media unit.

5 Likes

Went for a long hike in the woods (surprisingly busy? we were like ā€œthis is not enough social distancingā€) and for a nice long walk in our neighborhood (much less busy). Also planning on some yoga tonight.

3 Likes

I did squatsā€¦to repeatedly hide behind the couch and pop up to surprise bobbin. 10/10 recommend this workout

6 Likes

Back on my yoga train. Got 25 minutes of YWA in today and it felt awesome.

5 Likes

Me, too!

4 Likes

Ten minutes of gentle yoga this morning using Down Dog app.

4 Likes

I ā€œforcedā€ SO under protest to go for a 45 min walk outside before it rains later. Even though it is quite cool for my preference, it was nice to get outside.

6 Likes

I need to move because I am sore in my upper back and stretching will help but motivation is low. I even have the video up on the screen and ready to go. Posting here to make myself accountable to go do it and quit procrastinating, especially since it looks like it is about to pour and I wonā€™t get a nice walk in later.

4 Likes